• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Place to buy home with best single track and backcountry snowmobiling/snowbiking

X32

Premium Member
Looking for a home (expect to use 3-4 mo/yr) that my backyard (or close by) there is access to great single track (dirt biking) in July and August and great snowmobiling/snow biking from Christmas until February with beautiful views of mountains, stream, river or lake views location a plus. Looking more for log cabin living away from downtown preferably with at least 2 acres but within an hour or less of town with some good restaurants (gotta keep the wife happy) I’ve been really looking seriously at Idaho but wondering if I’m overlooking something much better (but gotta be big mountains). Every year I bring my sons and ride for 3 to 6 weeks (summer Taylor Park, Baumgartner, Stanley, Bitterroot mountain range, Moab in spring, Togwotee winter) I love Idaho because it’s so welcoming to dirt bikers everywhere it seems, Utah seems similar but not certain if that’s accurate or what Wyoming, Montana, Colorado etc. is like. Would love to hear specific suggestions, the positives and negatives of the areas including political friendliness to these sports, the vastness of the opportunities to ride/explore, points of additional interest while riding (hot springs, old mines, old abandoned towns, views etc.) your time and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

keep in mind the forest circus is required to consider snow vehicles a "motor vehicle" and they have to develop plans to manage over the snow travel... unless Congress slips something in a law... in time many US Forests will allow only travel on designated roads... then you have idiot US Forest managers delaring areas "Potential wilderness" and you can't ride there either... :face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features

Back