• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipe Setup

Personally I would run a stock y-pipe, stock pipe and a 1980's era Bronco II muffler for my can...or a turbo kit on the end of a stock y-pipe and pipe...just a matter of how much power you want!!

Jake

Do a pipe for the weight loss. Most seem to go with SLP, if there is a power gain it's not alot, but at least they don't run worse.

Ditto on the SLP package which runs very strong & saves weight

i cant say anything about the slp y pipe, but the can i had sounded good, dont think it gave me much more for power. the sound slowly got louder...... i was going to sell the can,,,, then i took it off the sled and realized one of the baffles had come loose on the inside. F that. i would go with the hps can, and ceramic the whole exhaust, imo..... ceramic makes a very nice snappy throttle response.:D

I will be using Straightline Y and silencer this year...but on a 860.....Straightline and SLP are different, easily confused though. ;):beer;

I havent tried the SLP kit yet (just heard pros/cons from cutomers)...

I have tried the Dyno-port and it worked well...

Stock with HPS works well...

SPI is Staightline Performance Inc.
SLP is Starting Line Performance
SHR can help with almost all summit related issues..BJ

IMHO- the 2008 needs a few upgrades in clutching/brace kit/clutch alignment/head mod or RKT before a pipe...

Premium Features

Back