• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PIDD Switched on without electric start

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone set up a small battery\switch into the display test port (or other solution) so you can switch the PIDD display on when out riding so it doesn't shut off when the engine is off. A couple buddies have the PIDD, and I'd like to add one before next season, but it takes way too long for nav to locate on restart, and would also like to set way points and look at the map without idling the sled.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
This is what I did. Works great. Also it charges with the factory harness!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ES harness from Polaris #2413091, $99.99 list price. This is on back order but I still got mine within two weeks of ordering. Seems like a lot to pay..... but it does complete the charge circuit has a inline 2amp mini blade fuse and no guessing on schematics!

The main plug in left side of photo plugs into factory harness above brake caliper. The red wire top of photo with male bullet connector connects to the battery positive (red wire). The brown wire in bottom of photo with eyelet connects to battery negative (black wire) and I also ran a ground wire to chassis. You will have to match connectors of you choice on the battery leads to the harness positive and negative wires.

Trail Tech 12V 3700mAh NiMH Battery 20 oz $59.95 (I had it leftover from a dirt bike project)
Trail tech Battery Bag & mount$19.95

I used the existing thread inserts on the back side of the foot stirrup to secure the trail tech mount and added a third bolt lower into the foot well kick plate (obviously, do not leave a bolt protruding into the battery or your foot)

The battery needs a full charge before use!
Zip tie harness and wires up tight and ready to go! No rebooting when going into reverse, easier to learn the gauge functions with out running the motor, updates etc. It works well
face-icon-small-cool.gif

<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend>

</fieldset>

Last edited:
Premium Features