• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer Warranty Fixes.

K
I went into the Yamaha dealer today to inquire about why my 2007 Phazer is so dam hard to start when it's cold. He informed me that Yamaha is providing a cold start kit at no charge for all 07 Phazers. He also informed me that Yamaha is also providing each owner with a newly developed belt which takes care of the reverse problem that those machines have been having. And one more thing. Yamaha is installing side panels just below the seats as snow from under the seat was melting and running down onto the running boards causing poor footing. Just thought I'd share this with some of you Phazer owners who may not have known this.:beer;

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Side panels

I have an 08. They came with side panels, still don't help much with the snow melting and poor footing issues. I thought I seen a post on here about closing the opening in the tunnel below the muffler, thus cutting down on the icing problem...I didnt know if that would be good or bad for the heat from the muffler on the seat and such:confused: maybe someone could chime in? Dino

S
Oct 14, 2001
Tomahawk, WI
Yamaha has just released a closure kit for the '07 and '08 Phazers. You are right...the little plastic side panels do very little to help. The '09s have the top of the tunnel closed.

I installed 11.25" x 25" sheets of .060 aluminum on both of my Phazers. There is not a heating problem in my opinion. I am even going to try running the side panels on one of them this year (along with the tunnel closed) - but I will watch this closely for heat build up.

My dealer told me last weekend that the kit will sell for around $90 and will include some insulation to glue to the bottom of the seat. I have about $22 into my fix. I'll add some heat reflective tape to my seat.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Yamaha has just released a closure kit for the '07 and '08 Phazers. You are right...the little plastic side panels do very little to help. The '09s have the top of the tunnel closed.

I installed 11.25" x 25" sheets of .060 aluminum on both of my Phazers. There is not a heating problem in my opinion. I am even going to try running the side panels on one of them this year (along with the tunnel closed) - but I will watch this closely for heat build up.

My dealer told me last weekend that the kit will sell for around $90 and will include some insulation to glue to the bottom of the seat. I have about $22 into my fix. I'll add some heat reflective tape to my seat.
Thank you, I will close off my tunnel and add heat tape to the bottom of the seat. Dino

B
Dec 30, 2007
Havre Mt
Cover the hole

I took a piece of diamond platting and turned it upside down, and fit it to the tunnel hole... As soon as i did that i have not had any prob with the ice on the running boards... I havn't heard anything bout the cold start kit, but i agree that something should be taken care of... Where do u live? and are they going to honor this with all phazer owners?

T
Dec 2, 2007
oregon
i havent heard of these updates from my dealer, i need to go and check about it. i just covered the holes in my tunnel and have no problems with exhaust heat under my seat. would be the first thing to do to one of these in my opinion. then cut some holes in the boards to let the snow fall threw. no more ice and snow build of on mine. :Di hated mine the first year because of all the snow and ice building up on the boards:mad: now its all better with this set up. another thing i wish yamaha would do is put longer cables on so a guy could raise the bars without having to change them out.

S
Sep 8, 2008
hey wondering if you guys are happy with your machines. I'm thinking of buy an 07 phazer and wondering about towing skiers with it. thanks

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
hey trench digger hows that 151 covversion going??? you should post pics of your boards, a must for all sled owners!!!

D
Jan 27, 2008
I went into the Yamaha dealer today to inquire about why my 2007 Phazer is so dam hard to start when it's cold. He informed me that Yamaha is providing a cold start kit at no charge for all 07 Phazers. He also informed me that Yamaha is also providing each owner with a newly developed belt which takes care of the reverse problem that those machines have been having. And one more thing. Yamaha is installing side panels just below the seats as snow from under the seat was melting and running down onto the running boards causing poor footing. Just thought I'd share this with some of you Phazer owners who may not have known this.:beer;

Has anyone actually got their dealer to "new" belt and/or cold start kit? My dealer say's he will call HaHa. Does the belt work??

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
I had to educate my dealer. He called Yamaha and found the information he needed. He did a check based on the Phazer's VIN number and then went through each one, some I had already had done. He did do the cold start kit, I noticed that it started easier. He's waiting on the fix for the reverse kit to arrive. I don't think there is a belt being offered, had heard the rumour, but the dealer couldn't find anything about it.

D
Dec 28, 2007
bush company AK
tunnel enclosure

The tunnel enclosure helps to keep snow off the running boards but not enough ..... a set of "better boards" or snow eliminators will keep the snow off the running boards even better

Premium Features