• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer Turbo, Headshim or not for 10,000 feet

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I put an MCX turbo on my wifes phazer this summer. I have read on TY that people are removing the headshims on the phazer, mainly riding at high elevation. I read that the increased throttle response is worth the few horsepower you lose in lower boost numbers. I was thinking of setting it to 10lbs of boost and running AV gas. After all it is my wifes sled and not mine, I do not have to have it maxed out on boost, after all anything is better than the 80 hp rating it has stock. This year my wife and I will be living in SW Colorado riding higher elevation, I always run some race or all AV gas in my nytro so I have no problem running race fuel or av in my wifes phazer. Does any one have any experience with this?

P
Nov 26, 2007
We did remove, or not install, the head shims in most of the kits we installed in Colorado because of the affects of the shim. We only ran 10 PSI without the shim and the sled did fine. With the elevation, there was too much bottom end loss with the shim in place.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
We did remove, or not install, the head shims in most of the kits we installed in Colorado because of the affects of the shim. We only ran 10 PSI without the shim and the sled did fine. With the elevation, there was too much bottom end loss with the shim in place.

Thanks that is what I was looking for, was that 10 psi with pump gas, or a mix with some race?

Premium Features