• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer 153

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Eight tooth antirachit drivers, eight inch wheels in back, freedom axle, skid moved back three inches. 3.0 pitch track from a A.C. M1 trimmed to 14.5 wide. Wish I had $$$$$$$ for boost:eek:. One pic was with the stock track. Dino

Phazer 153 001.jpg Phazer 153 002.jpg Phazer 153 003.jpg Phazer 153 004.jpg

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
Have you rode it since you set the skid back? When i rode a phazer for the first time I really liked the way it handled except I thought it trenched excessively due to the wrong approach angle. It looks like you may have solved that. Nice.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Have you rode it since you set the skid back? When i rode a phazer for the first time I really liked the way it handled except I thought it trenched excessively due to the wrong approach angle. It looks like you may have solved that. Nice.
NO SNOW here yet, yes the approach angle was horrid, that was one of the issues we tried to deal with. The sled was fun to ride in a foot of powder but anything over that and it seemed to trench and the track didnt hook up very well. I am sure that the sled WONT handle like it did stock...for better or worse I dont know till it snows:clock:Havent changed the clutching or gearing. Want to ride it first, then go from there. Dino

T
Dec 2, 2007
oregon
i was thinking about moving my skid back on my phazer but wasnt sure about how to go about it. did you just drill 4 new holes in the tunnel and slide it back? also how much more track can the stock motor turn unboosted? doesnt seem to have the power to really spin a longer track with out having more power.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
i was thinking about moving my skid back on my phazer but wasnt sure about how to go about it. did you just drill 4 new holes in the tunnel and slide it back? also how much more track can the stock motor turn unboosted? doesnt seem to have the power to really spin a longer track with out having more power.
Slide the skid back 3 inches , up half an inch in the front and back. The 153 weighs in at 3 # more, and with eight tooth 3.0 drivers up front and eight inch wheels in back the track has about four more inchs on the snow. I felt that this sled had the power..torque...for what it is will probaly do some clutching and gearing but for now just need to ride it, see what I did right or wrong:confused: , just the stock track didnt doo so well. And if you can see the differance in approch angle up front I feel that this is the single most improvement for this set up??? This sled was a blast to ride ...just couldent stay on top in any thing over 2 feet:(, We may be adjusting the skid if it ever snows, like I said before I may have the set up all fubared:rolleyes:. Stock the sled just wanted to point the skis in the air while the track trenched....I will post after a few rides. Dino

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I am putting a 151 Polaris track with 2.4 inch super soft paddles on ours.
I will use straight rails and stock skid location. They are hard enough steering wit out moving the skid back. I think the tip up rails allow to muck ski lift I also fixed the coupling and rear springs to help out , just waiting for Ice age rails the 8" 2 wheel kit is siting here ready to go on.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
First Ride

Took the sled out today, two feet of powder, NO base. Sled rides nicer , doesn't seem as tippy, and with the 153 track and the skid slide back 3 inches it stayed on top. Hardly any trenching as it was horribly bad with the old approach angle and stock track. Track speed on the speedo was steady at 35 MPH. now this is in lite fluffy powder...its been 0 or below with new snow... Rpm are at 10600 to 11000 steady. With the sled stock in these kinds of conditions you had to do alot of poaching to keep momentum. Over all its a blast to ride. It does have more ski pressure with the skid moved back and it is somewhat harder to ride with one ski in the air. But all in all a huge improvement.:) Dino

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
That is one fun yammi to ride. I didn't think you could make a phazer work like that. Maybe we'll pull the turbo off mine and try it on yours for the next ride Dino:D. Sound good?

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Woo hoo

That is one fun yammi to ride. I didn't think you could make a phazer work like that. Maybe we'll pull the turbo off mine and try it on yours for the next ride Dino:D. Sound good?
I would be a fool to say no:face-icon-small-ton Thinking of selling my 04 Rev and getting a hairdryer!!!!:eek: Cant wait for warmer weather...kinda :eek: Dino

T
Dec 2, 2007
oregon
great to hear it worked good. im working on mine this week putting the 151 in. should be a good base this weekend just checked and the area i ride has 67" and more to come by this weekend.:D

Premium Features