• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Performance chip?

free2fawl

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
McCall ID
I read an add for a Dyno-Boost performance chip. Has a 10 yr warranty, supposed to boost both HP and torque 15%, while increasing fuel economy 6%. sells for 170$. Basically remaps the factory fuel/air mix of 14.7:1 ( they referred to stoichiometric fuel mix) to a richer mixture. Apparently the "lean" factory settings are due to emission laws. You can read the entire article on ebay. Any thoughts?

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Waste of time and money, i could sell you some stickers. I think you would get about 15 more hp then that chip lol.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada

You guys are great! It's been an Arthur kind of week (6 inches of rain here in 18 hours) so humor is good therapy.

F2F, I'm sure you got the picture. A fully wound up 162HP 800 etec simply doesn't have much left in the kitty, so fully and completely SNAKE OIL.

Personally, I would love to test a stock 800 Etec at Jaws. I'll bet it has a hard time making 155 HP on any given day.

It's a great sled. Skis and maybe a muffler/battery to lighten it up and just ride!

OTM

free2fawl

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
McCall ID
Thanks for the replies, my local mechanic Todd at MTN Tech performance here in McCall basically told me the same thing. If you want more gas just squeeze

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I read an add for a Dyno-Boost performance chip. Has a 10 yr warranty, supposed to boost both HP and torque 15%, while increasing fuel economy 6%. sells for 170$. Basically remaps the factory fuel/air mix of 14.7:1 ( they referred to stoichiometric fuel mix) to a richer mixture. Apparently the "lean" factory settings are due to emission laws. You can read the entire article on ebay. Any thoughts?

Kinda weird they went the opposite of most "performance chips" with there ad. Most say they lean out the factory tune because most run rich (conservative) for safety, and that causes increased fuel economy (which is mostly true but "performance chips" never do it properly).

The only way adding fuel can increase fuel economy is if you are running too lean that it is costing you power so you put more load on the engine to make more power to maintain speed.

Premium Features