• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC800 ovs stg2. need help!

Hey guys. I have a 2012 proclimb 800, i bought a ovs stage 2 kit for it and a boost it fuel controller, and its running like crap. at wide open around 8-9psi it has a major bog and just falls on its face. im running the koso afr and boost guages, my afr keeps flashing lean at wide open. i keep loading up the fuel on the top end to try and bring it down but it barely makes a difference. im up around 19-20 afr. so i have some questions.... how can i tell if my extra injectors are working? is cutting the stinger out of the stock pipe a must for these sleds? IF i dont have my plugs gapped now that its boosted would that be a cause for the bog? what is the ideal fuel pressure? im running about 39psi. Im just mind boggled, i dont know what else to check..

just some more info on the sled, im running straight avgas around 5-9000ft and around 8-9psi boost.

Also, if anyone else has installed one of these kits on their proclimbs please respond to this thread as i have some installation questions and concerns id like to discuss!!

thanks!

Last edited:
Oh and one more thing. The boost it box was programmed by Neil at boost it, he had a sled there with the same setup that ran well, even tho now i have changed that map so much to try and make it run. so theres something with my kit or setup that has a problem..

A buddy of mine was experiencing similar problems on his Poo Pro with a boost it.

They chased all kinds of things and found it was a glitch in the box. They are getting a replacement.

Have you tried disconnecting the box and see if will run without it? Do you have the original PL box to test with?

I never thought it could have been the box itself... ive never heard of anyone having troubles with them! but no, i didnt disconnect it, i have the pure logic box it originally came with but its only the piggyback one for the stage 1 kit, as i upgraded to the stage two right away and never bothered with the pure logic.

Anyone else have any insight on what i should check for??

I never thought it could have been the box itself... ive never heard of anyone having troubles with them! but no, i didnt disconnect it, i have the pure logic box it originally came with but its only the piggyback one for the stage 1 kit, as i upgraded to the stage two right away and never bothered with the pure logic.

Anyone else have any insight on what i should check for??

I assume you have watched your fuel pressure rise with boost to ensure you are getting plenty of fuel? If not then the hose to the regulator my have come off.

Have you tried leaning it?? Set up a buddies 12, Twisted RG kit w/ boost it, ended up at 65 on the main & 10 points higher from 7000 to 8500 rpm than Neils original map. We ride from 2000 to 5000ft elev. So you should be a bit leaner than those #'s. Josh

Have you tried leaning it?? Set up a buddies 12, Twisted RG kit w/ boost it, ended up at 65 on the main & 10 points higher from 7000 to 8500 rpm than Neils original map. We ride from 2000 to 5000ft elev. So you should be a bit leaner than those #'s. Josh

Lean it out even more you mean? This is my first turbo setup so I apologize if I seem like a bit of a noob, but I don't understand how that would help? Could you please explain it a little more? My afr is already showing lean at wide open, I've checked for leaks, everything is all good (minus the fact my air box bolt cracked off from vibrations against the bulkhead on the last day but that didn't have anything to do with my tuning troubles prior to that)

If you are pig rich it will read lean on the AFR. What is your main fuel # on your boost it box set at?? As for fuel pressure the we are running 42 psi in my buddies. Put Iridum plugs in it too, they last way longer than the stock ones. Josh

Last edited:
i am just finishing up my install on a stage 2 ovs proclimb, havnt had a chance to run it but hopefully this weekend

If you are pig rich it will read lean on the AFR. What is your main fuel # on your boost it box set at?? As for fuel pressure the we are running 42 psi in my buddies. Put Iridum plugs in it too, they last way longer than the stock ones. Josh

My main fuel is set at 60 now, threshold is at -9.25, and well my rpm fuel numbers are all out of whack now. My main fuel pressure is set at 38psi. I'm just a little nervous how much I should be leaning it out. What would my afr gauge be doing as I'm leaning it out? Will it go down? I'll check into the iridium plugs, should I gap them as well? If so how much?

i am just finishing up my install on a stage 2 ovs proclimb, havnt had a chance to run it but hopefully this weekend

If possible can u post a pic of the intake and charge tube setup? The instructions with my kit did me no good, a lot of guess work. My buddy bought a used kit off this forum an it came with an aluminum charge tube. All I got was a half dozen silicone elbows, an joiner and a cactus cooler type thing. Also, how much clearance is between the air box where the charge tube connects an the actual frame of the sled? Mine was so tight I'm starting to wear thru the silicone elbow. I also broke off the bolt keeping my airbox on, I'm assuming from vibrations? Are you going to be running the do beck box or a boost it fuel controller?

My main fuel is set at 60 now, threshold is at -9.25, and well my rpm fuel numbers are all out of whack now. My main fuel pressure is set at 38psi. I'm just a little nervous how much I should be leaning it out. What would my afr gauge be doing as I'm leaning it out? Will it go down? I'll check into the iridium plugs, should I gap them as well? If so how much?

Your fuel #'s from: Main fuel Neil's #50 my #65

7000-7500 Neil's # -10 my #0
7750-9000 Neil's # 0 my #+10

Those #'s are from the map Neil emailed me. As you lean it out your afr should start going down to a certain point, then they will start going back up. I would do a WOT run & check the plugs too. That is the best way to see if you are rich or lean. Do not rely on the afr gauge completly. It is a good tuning aid but, checking the plugs is the most accurate. Josh

There are so many variables.. Have you done a boost leak check? Have you checked your voltage to your boost-it and to your fuel pump? If you have low voltage it will run weird, you will have to have huge numbers. If You are running the ovs pump, it draws alot of power.. I jsut fought this on m1000.. got the voltage fixed with a dc coverter and i went from +45 trims at 7500 to +5 at the same rpms. Before the dc converter was added i couldnt get my a/f number to quit rising as i climbed.. Now after it works good even on 1000 ft pull. Voltage is killer guys, it kills pumps, and as soon as the boost comes on your injectors are pulling power and drawing it even lower. Check volts at 4000 rpms and let us know what it is to to both units.. then check for boost leaks

The boost it works to good to be your problem..

Jim

Premium Features

Back