• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P code P1477 on a 14 800 etec 163

I recently bought a 2014 Skidoo summit sp 800 163 with 820 miles. I now have 960miles on it. The last time I road it it started throwing p1477 rave valves not fully closing. I was told the dealer needs to resync the valves. What caused this my sled is not a trail basher. When I bought this sled it did have a different kinda of oil in it idk what kind I drained the tank and put Skidoo oil in it. My sled is also stock except a bikemen can. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I am having the same issue with my 14 summit SP 154 800 etec
it runs horrible backfires , black smoke.
I have not heard yet about the syncing but I did talk to a mechanic that had one come through their shop and they had to replace the manifold. It is not in the same location as the valves?
Hope that helps some. Let me know what you figure out.

I've been battling a similar issue. My sled was back firing and sputtering in the mid range. Once it hit the top end it ripped. I called around and was told about the rave valve issues the 14's are having. I was also told to change the plugs, check the tightness on the rave nuts, and clean the EGT sensors on the pipe and can. I did the above and the sled runs MUCH better.

I've been battling a similar issue. My sled was back firing and sputtering in the mid range. Once it hit the top end it ripped. I called around and was told about the rave valve issues the 14's are having. I was also told to change the plugs, check the tightness on the rave nuts, and clean the EGT sensors on the pipe and can. I did the above and the sled runs MUCH better.

That sounds a lot like what myn is doing I did put new plugs in it didn't seem to change I might try cleaning the egt sensors. Ill check the tighness of the rave nuts to. Hopefully it's something as easy as that if not Im going to have it plugged in and checked out Wednesday. Thanks for the information.

My 14 163 started splattering in the mid range. The Orange engine light came on. I shut it off started back up and the light was off. But the dealer said it was the rave valves. They cleaned the valves and 're set them as well as new plugs and the next ride did the same thing. This time brp said to replace the exhaust valve position sensor. Hope this fixed it as I'm heading out for a 5 day trip to Wyoming.

After I took my sled to the dealer. They told me the rave valves are functioning perfectly that the problem actually is "e-tec fuel pressure regulator pops out" tst 109787 basically if the regulator starts coming out to where the oring is showing like myn was it cause the symptoms missing, back firing, on low to mid range and p1477. Luckily even though my sleds not under warranty because it is brps tst they are paying to fix myn and any others that have problems on on 13 to 15 xms.

Common Rave issues

1. Loose Rave sensor nuts - apply loctite, torque to spec., and have dealer re-set CLOSED/MID/OPEN settings
2. Sticky Rave valves ('14s only) - check with dealer for warranty update
3. Oil in Rave pressure and vacuum lines - causes some random issues if oil makes it's way to the rave solenoid - clean out oil from lines and solenoid.
4. Damaged check valve manifold - need to perform pressure test sequence - most common on '15s
5. Leaks - could be from bellows, seals, lines, etc.
6. Or if you've never reached anything above 7000rpm, your rave valves have never opened and are probably sticky and have some excessive carbon build up. OPEN THE THROTTLE!!!!

Premium Features

Back