• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS PROCLIMB kits?

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
I have been looing at kits for my PC and see the OVS kit looks pretty good. What are the good and bad points of this kit? I like the idea of self lubed turbo but thinking there must be some tradeoffs besides cost? I am looking for a rippy kit to run 8-12 lbs not looking for huge HP chute climber.

the good
sled will rip your arms off and put a smile on your face

the bad
you will never want to ride stock again

the good part is zero oil mess / oil change / oil pump / upside down oil leak / between comp oilless turbo and tial waste gate it is a very quick reving fastest boost building turbo, i would argue it to be the best combo available right now . best y - pipe clamp on the market. nice 4 injector air box design that helps support the intake boots. and the pure logic box is one of the oldest and simplest controllers on the market but it plane old just works. set it and forget it. and garr and travis are always there and very helpful with any problems

the bad , puts some money in the clutches to deal with heat. if you had problems before it will get worse. this goes for any brand of turbo. also you will have to get some rear skid coupling. ilook like a circus clown riding a donkey trying not to let it flip over backwards but you couldnt wipe the smile off my face with a sledge hammer

the good
sled will rip your arms off and put a smile on your face

the bad
you will never want to ride stock again

Have you rode this kit or are you talking turbos in general? I have a M8T now so I already know the not riding stock again part that's why I am shopping.

the good part is zero oil mess / oil change / oil pump / upside down oil leak / between comp oilless turbo and tial waste gate it is a very quick reving fastest boost building turbo, i would argue it to be the best combo available right now . best y - pipe clamp on the market. nice 4 injector air box design that helps support the intake boots. and the pure logic box is one of the oldest and simplest controllers on the market but it plane old just works. set it and forget it. and garr and travis are always there and very helpful with any problems

the bad , puts some money in the clutches to deal with heat. if you had problems before it will get worse. this goes for any brand of turbo. also you will have to get some rear skid coupling. ilook like a circus clown riding a donkey trying not to let it flip over backwards but you couldnt wipe the smile off my face with a sledge hammer

Bob I want to put this on a new 2014 0 miles no idea on clutch heat yet. Do you have this new PC kit? have you had any issues? How would you compare the on/off throttle response to the same kit with a oil pump turbo? I am concerned there might be some lag at lower boost levels and on and off the throttle. Is there any maintance with the self contained turbo? Thanks for the info!

Have you rode this kit or are you talking turbos in general? I have a M8T now so I al

talking turbo in general. I almost went with a ovs turbo, but instead bought a turn key turbo sled from cutler. I have ridden with a 2013 proclimb with ovs kit and that sled is all that my 11 is. I would not hesitate to go with ovs or cutler as they both have excellent customer service.

Premium Features

Back