• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS Helix Angle

T

Tenner

I am trying to figure out what the angles are on the RT Helix OVS used in there clutch kits. Its a torsional set up on an 08 M8 Turbo. I read that the SU helix that they use on the 09 and newer sleds is a 42/36. Who knows what the RT angles are????

I think its 2 degrees less than the RT. They really like it with the light spring on the mechanical revearse sleds. It has excellent upshift and response at 12+ psi. The light spring didnt workvery well with the engine reverse (it didnt hold the notch) so they had to go with a stout spring and the bigger RT helix for those sleds.

Wait I am confused, you said its 2 degree less than the RT, That is what I am trying to figure out, the RT...so you are saying the SU is 2 degrees less than the RT so that would make the RT a 44/38?

I am trying to figure out what the angles are on the RT Helix OVS used in there clutch kits. Its a torsional set up on an 08 M8 Turbo. I read that the SU helix that they use on the 09 and newer sleds is a 42/36. Who knows what the RT angles are????

Sorry I meant 2 degrees less than the SU. My bad......... So 42/36 - 2 degrees should be 40/34

Premium Features

Back