• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ovation long track mod ?

Last year me and my wife got into Snowmobiling and quickly learned that my 9 year old would need her own sled . She's to tall to ride in front of my wife , and its cramped with her on my Summit X . So last week I bought her a 96 340 Ovation . While going over it this weekend I noticed the short lugs and the short track . So now I want to put a longer track (121" ? ) on it with some taller lugs . Anyway I've read all the threads here about the long tracked Ovations and still have a couple questions . Is there a skid and track that's a direct bolt in swap ? I'm extremely mechanically inclined , just know nothing about Snowmobiles .
Thanks

Swap out the drivers and put a 121"x 1.25" on it plus a pair of plastic skiis - makes it much more capable. You can add a piece of Al flat plate to move the rear axel back to accommodate the longer track (same way Yamaha did on the enticer ii). We did a couple like that a while back when kids were about the same age and it made a huge difference for not a lot of $$. Lots of good used 121" tracks around for cheap just have to find suitable drivers ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Already has plastic skis on it so that's covered . Assuming I would need the driver's for the track I use , IE same pitch etc . About the Aluminum strip , assume that would attach to the rail and the back axle ? Any idea on the size needed and the length?

So I found a 121" track from a 1993 Artic Cat 580 ZR . I believe the drivers are 2.52 for the ZR . Is that correct? Anyone know what driver the Ovation uses ?

The driver pitch and tooth count is one side of the equation. The other is the shaft size and shape. I think those use a smaller square drive shaft which is harder to find drivers for.

If I remember the ovations we had had the 1"hex shaft and the 2.52" drivers with 1.25" x 121" track off the nytro plus a rail extension - worked great!

Wanted- Ovation mountain mod. 136" length track with either 1.75" or 2" lug. Looking for a unit that looks like it could of came stock. Send a reply if you have and are interested to sell.

Wanted- Ovation mountain mod. 136" length track with either 1.75" or 2" lug. Looking for a unit that looks like it could of came stock. Send a reply if you have and are interested to sell.
I don't think you'll fit 1.75" or 2" without major work ....when we swapped out the drivers to 7 x 2.52" (I think) there wasn't a whole lot of additional clearance - maybe enough to swing a 1.5" if I recall ...
Even with the 121" x 1.25" + long drop brackets and plastic skis it was a different beast

Premium Features

Back