• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SW Video Outside Your Boundaries

ultimax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Washington State
I started snowmobiling in 1972 when sleds were pretty primitive and spring riding is when you could explore new territory. After having back surgery at 70 I decided I needed to loose weight and workout religiously to be able to continue snowmobiling. I was able to lose 35lbs and stand 5’10” and now weigh 200lbs. I’m now 74 and have been satisfied with my abilities at my age. My style has definitely slowed down as my age increased but the fun factor is still there for me. I joined a snowmobile club with older riders that can ride during the week or whenever the snow & weather is great for riding. The guys I used to ride with have all quit due to age so for me it was a search to find a club with older riders which has been great the last couple of years. I have tinkered with my snowmobiles all my life to improve their performance and deep snow capabilities. I purchased a used M6000 Alpha one with the 154x3 track a couple of years ago which has been my project to learn to ride it and also improve reliability and performance. I’m sure there are many older snowmobiles just like me who love to get out to enjoy the mountains and nature. I don’t find myself needing to prove anything to anyone but to just keep up with boondocking or sidehilling when required. We ride for the joy and scenery of the mountain snow along with the comradely we have as older riders still making tracks. My goal is to keep riding as long as I am able to hang with my group. Thanks you your videos Christopher, it make me realize how lucky I am to keep riding.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don’t find myself needing to prove anything to anyone but to just keep up with boondocking or sidehilling when required. We ride for the joy and scenery of the mountain snow along with the comradely we have as older riders still making tracks. My goal is to keep riding as long as I am able to hang with my group.
Thats it in a nutshell.
Don't need to prove anything to anyone (other than yourself), but we DO NEED to be able to hang with those we are riding with!
ANd being able to competently BOOKDOCK or SIDEHILL does require some effort and work, especially as we add on the years.
What was once EASY can now become a bit more of a challenge, both physically AND Mentally.

But the ultimate goal is to
KEEP RIDING AS LONG AS WE CAN!

And that is the real core of my comments about challenging yourself.

Premium Features