• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ouch! need a little help with a track

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, I guess I should get used to this but it never hurts to ask. I am used to dealers back in Pa and yes, I realize this is not Pa.

I stopped by a dealer to check on the price of a new Challenger track for my Crossfire and the price I was given was list right from the book! Is this normal? Then they want to charge me to install the track on top of the list price! WOOO HOOO! I must have been spoiled back in Pa. Wow wow wow! I know I didn't get the sled from them bla bla bla but wow wow wow.. straight up list price and 200.00+ to install the thing! Holy Sh!t!

Does anyone know were I can get a track for my 136" Crossfire. Wow wow wow! I guess I will become numb to this stuff after a while but list price? Dam$

Drop your drawers sir here comes the pole and no sir the lube is extra!

V
Nov 27, 2007
alaska
look on ebay. thats where i found the cheapest prices and bought mine. just pull off your own skid. and install it yourself if you dont like the prices, but it is a little work to get the tracks off and on.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hey Varmit, get used to that here in Ak... We pay full msrp PLUS ABOUT 10 0/0 on most everything you will buy up here. Sled parts, boat parts, anything. That is just part of the cost of living up here. You learn to findout where to order from in the states that soes not make you bend over for shipping costs like most places do. The freight kills us up here. That said, check on craigslist, and the for sale on here. Post a "looking for" ad on here and I bet you will find a used one reasonable. Does that sled take a 15'' track, or the goofy 13.5? Good luck
Tim

I
Nov 26, 2007
Everyone pays retail...except people that buy there sleds there, people that spend a lot of money there, racers, employees, ex employees, friends of employees, etc.

You can save money ordering online, but you'll always pay retail locally. Buy locally for a while then ask for a discount...you'd be suprised how many people don't pay retail just because they support local business.

A
Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage AK
Tracks

Try kens sports I think thats it. they have blowout prices sometimes, a friend just bought a 144 x 15 x 2 for $ 400 plus shipping. Or try GO PRO they seem to get good prices.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
That crossfires got diamond drive and track swaps are a breeeeeze. And buy from tracks usa..

Even easier with AIR TOOLS lol :D

Bought my 151 challenger extreme from CATBARGAINS on ebay for 420 shipped.... deals are out there...but yes sticker shock is an Alaskan disease...no cure in sight yet:D Ill help you put it on when you get it if you want to save some extra coin, youll just have to get me some beer > :beer; :D

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Sounds like you need to get sponshured DVarmit!:o

Yeah, I would be the poster boy for digging out.. I can put my sponsor stickers on my shield since that is all you will be able to see most of the day since the a$$ end will be buried along with me with it. :D I plan on getting a good shovel :rolleyes:

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Even easier with AIR TOOLS lol :D

Bought my 151 challenger extreme from CATBARGAINS on ebay for 420 shipped.... deals are out there...but yes sticker shock is an Alaskan disease...no cure in sight yet:D Ill help you put it on when you get it if you want to save some extra coin, youll just have to get me some beer > :beer; :D

If you know how to swap one out I would think a case of your favorite beer would be an honest swap. I found a 136" 2 inch for $525.00

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Varmit, What width is that sled? If it's 15 wide I've got some options for you.
And take Ryan, AK800RMK151 up on his offer, he needs some work to keep him out of trouble!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
If you know how to swap one out I would think a case of your favorite beer would be an honest swap. I found a 136" 2 inch for $525.00

Hey Dvarmit, try alaska snowmobile salvage..just for grins...he usually has a few 15 wides laying around and descent prices....

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I got a 144 14 wide 2inch maverick track its 2.52 pitch and came off a 07 phazer mtn light its looks like new I will sell to ya for a $100 Its in soldotna. It only has 300 miles.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
WELCOME to Alaska! ! ! :) And yes, it costs us a bunch to have stuff shipped here, something alot of guys down the lower 48 just don't understand. If you decide to go 144 I have one. Shop around, there's some good used ones around. There's a place in Wasilla that is having a sale, Gueco Racing, look them up.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska

Not a problem....i wont be home untill the 21st (slope worker) but i think in that two weeks off i can easily get you taken care of :D ......

Tim, the only trouble on here is YOU:D im still doin some politicin for ya too;)

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Try www.tracksusa.com they are really nice and informative and have good prices along with other parts too. also look in the swapmeet section of this sight and others. and you can find pretty good deals. I bought my 153x15x2.25 track as a used take off from a Arctic Cat Dealer in Sandpoint Id for $200 got lucky, on that one but had to but extrovert 3.0 pitch drivers for my Skidoo to make it fit was what I was looking for. at the dealer those are usually priced descent but new ones at a dealer are wow, like you have experienced. E-bay is good place too.
Good Luck.

Premium Features