• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil out of exhaust when 1st starting this year

D
Dec 30, 2007
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I didn't get a chance to get out sledding last year so my skidoo sadly sit :(. I tried to start it this year and it starts but when you give it gas it drowns out and tons of oil comes out the exhaust. This happened the other year when first starting it and once we had it going for awhile it was fine for the rest of the year. Does anyone know the reason for this? It's a 2000 Skidoo Summit 700 as well.

Modmxz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lyle, Washington
teamhighmark.acnrep.com
Did you Fog the cylinders and carbs before putting it away in the spring/summer. Mine does that every fall when I start it the first time. I squirt fogging oil in carbs and top of cylinders so that may be the reason. Also, check that your oil pump is closing off completely, it may be draining into the case.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The oil pumps will leak oil by when sitting for a long time. Had a friend knock his crank out of one of those when his pump went bad and dumped his whole oil tank into the case. A little seaping is nothing to be concerened about, just be aware that if the seals go totally out and you swore you had filled your oil tank but it's almost empty now, it's time to drain the case and replace the pump.

Premium Features