• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Octane code!! Top end sputter. Silber Turbo

Z

Zone28M7

I have a 2012 proclimb m8 with a Silber setup. Dobeck controller, running about 10 lbs, and I typically use a 50/50 mix of 110/91. It's been running great all season until this past weekend. When I'm on a long pull under load I get a octane code. It happens when I'm pulling real hard and just right at the top of WOT. When this code kicks in the motor also sputters pretty bad. I tried adjusting numbers in the dobeck box by adding fuel to the max boost level. Didn't help. I'm starting to wonder if I ran into a bad tank of gas?? Anyone run into this?

2012 PC M8 Silber 2860
Dobeck box
50/50 110/91
10 lbs boost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also, I did new pistons and cylinders recently so I put some oil directly in this tank of gas. I'm. Thinking this may have a tad to do with it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Plenty of octane for that compressor & that boost out here.

Have you made sure your reference line is happy? If you even have a small leak, it's not seeing the right psi, and it will do exactly what you're saying.

Did you install it yourself or did Kory do it? Need to make sure the line is the right size, it's easy to oversize that one by accident... on the cutler kits there is a line coming off the box, then an adapter to a smaller line which fits better in the box.

Plenty of octane for that compressor & that boost out here.

Have you made sure your reference line is happy? If you even have a small leak, it's not seeing the right psi, and it will do exactly what you're saying.

Did you install it yourself or did Kory do it? Need to make sure the line is the right size, it's easy to oversize that one by accident... on the cutler kits there is a line coming off the box, then an adapter to a smaller line which fits better in the box.

Reference line? I'm not sure what you are referring to. Can you elaborate for me so I can investigate? Corey didn't install. My buddy that owns fastline did it. He's done a dozen boondocker installs.

Also I initially saw an ecu 21 code before the sporadic octn code. The ecu 21 code has not come back again though. I recently replaced the knock sensor because it got fried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

When my sled over revs it trips the code, you might not think its over revving but try adding a tiny bit of weight to it and see if it fixes it

When my sled over revs it trips the code, you might not think its over revving but try adding a tiny bit of weight to it and see if it fixes it

Hmmm. This makes sense because I recently put a stronger spring in so maybe now I need extra weight..

Hmmm. This makes sense because I recently put a stronger spring in so maybe now I need extra weight..

Just an update on this. It was a combination of things. I was over revving because of too heavy of spring with not enough weight. Aldo found that my knock sensor had come loose again. All issues solved.

Did you end up having to tap the head? Did you get it back installed, or did you end up keeping it off like we were talking about?

Did you end up having to tap the head? Did you get it back installed, or did you end up keeping it off like we were talking about?

There were two good threads left so I red locktited that bitch in there. Haha. If it comes out again I'll helicoil it.

Premium Features

Back