• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

o7 rev stall

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
help!! 07 rev stall

I guess im not the only one with this problem... but i need a fix!!! flat areas boondocking is fine but once you hit the hill more than once and you load the engine a few times it goes into a stall mode. it hits around 7600-8000 rpms than it drops down to about 6000 and stays there. sometimes it clears up but mostly you have to turn your sled around before it gets stuck and head back down. iv changed out springs,weights ,secondary,helixs, rebuilt clutches, rebuilt valves. checked vac hoses...what could it be?:confused:

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I guess im not the only one with this problem... but i need a fix!!! flat areas boondocking is fine but once you hit the hill more than once and you load the engine a few times it goes into a stall mode. it hits around 7600-8000 rpms than it drops down to about 6000 and stays there. sometimes it clears up but mostly you have to turn your sled around before it gets stuck and head back down. iv changed out springs,weights ,secondary,helixs, rebuilt clutches, rebuilt valves. checked vac hoses...what could it be?:confused:

What do you mean stall mode?

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
12"pow on good base, skis in the air until it starts dying, and egt"s are at 1100, and as in stall mode i mean it starts to slow down to a complete stop unless i turn it around back down the hill for the motor to recover . and this problem only occurs when im climbing. if i dont turn it around quick enough im stuck on the hill.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Starving for fuel??? Make sure the fuel tank breather isn't kinked/plugged or maybe loosen the gas cap a little to see if that helps.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
12"pow on good base, skis in the air until it starts dying, and egt"s are at 1100, and as in stall mode i mean it starts to slow down to a complete stop unless i turn it around back down the hill for the motor to recover . and this problem only occurs when im climbing. if i dont turn it around quick enough im stuck on the hill.
I would pull the left side panel and make a climb,watch the secondary.sounds like its shifting out and wont backshift?

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
funny thing is is that it only does it when im climbing with some load on motor. and it gets worse towards the end of the day. spent all of last year trying to figure this out. that was the main reason for getting a new secondary:confused:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The description sounds like it's going into failsafe mode.....see if the dealer can check for codes in the BUDS system...??
Make sure there is NO chance of overheating or detonation.

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
vapor lock perhaps?
does the problem clear up loosening the gas cap.
I had a rev with the fuel tank breather connected to the one way valve on the oil tank. Same issue, pulled great until at the top of the hill died out.

Premium Features