• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

O.G. TS Riot LE to Riot S...

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Anyone made the transition from the original Riot LE kit to the lowered S Premium? Bought my LE when it first came out in '20.
Really love almost everything about it, except I have a pretty squat 29.5" inseam, so the 3" lower S kit holds some appeal for sure.
Just wondering if anyone has made the switch, and found any drawbacks to the lowered kit? I'm an old geezer, just like bombing around off the sides of trails, some mild tree riding etc, I'm
not bombing big drops, or tree carving etc. More than anything I use it when the wife rides, as she isn't as speed demon, so we can keep close to same pace.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I had a buddy that converted his kit. He took his shocks to a suspension guy and had him put spacers in his shocks to make them shorter, and bought the Timbersled S spindle.

Pros: Handles better in the trees/tight stuff. Easier to get on and off.

Cons: Biggest one was that his toes dragged in the snow and made his feet cold. Also you have less travel so the suspension doesn't work as good on hits.

I am going to snowcheck a Riot 3 next year and I can't decide between an S and a regular. I will probably go regular, but I am extremely tempted by the S.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Thanks for the replies guys ! Is that the only difference? Shorter shocks and spindle? Much simpler to just convert mine over then it sounds like..?

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
I just did this conversion for my girlfriends 20 Riot LE setup.

S Spindle - 1824944-458
7" Rear Spring - 7045477-458
7" Front Spring - 7045476-458

Send your shocks to Carls Cycle in Boise. They will install the spacer to shorten the travel but they also adjust the valve stack shims.

The lower profile is great. Your feet drag more but something like a Obie snow guard might help. Feels very sporty in the trees and for less aggresive riders it makes everything easier.

Premium Features