• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro xtx

S

stmike

just got a price trading in my 09 800 switchback on a 2011 nytro xtx.Is there any differences in 2011&2010,and is there any thing that i should get addressed in the deal.Have read of some over heating problems & ski issues.I do not like to be cold, how is the wind protection on upper body and hands.Looking forward to a lot better gas mileage. THX mike

need info

is there no one riding a nytro xtx.Iam looking for info on taller windshield (who makes on and does it work),on the 2011 do you have to change skis.Has anyone changed tracks to backcountry 1 3/4 or intense 1.5

going to talk to dealer to day. THX for any help as i have never owned a yamaha before.

hey, I ride an 09 mtx, I just have the little windshield but never found my body to get cold, however my hands would get cold even with the gaurds on it... I don't know if they addressed the crappy hand warmer issue on the 11s or not...check out ty4stroke.com for more yamaha dedicated info...

About the track I have heard lots of people changing it up to the back country 1 3/4 track...

stmike

I have the taller windshield on my XTX. It does help quite a bit, and I got it from Yamaha.
For track and skies, it really depends on what kind of riding you do. I ride mostly mountains/off-trail, so I installed a set of Yamaha mountain ski bottoms and a 2" 16" wide Camo Challenger track.
Skies and track will make a huge difference in deeper snow.

The hand guards do a decent job of wind protection. I did install a Yamaheater box for the hand warmers, and they are much warmer now!
Keeping in mind that my sled is an 09, and that Yamaha improved the hand warmers in 2010.

Overall I'm very happy with the sled.

I have XTX 's with Powderhounds, 1.75 BackCountry and changed the gearing down to 19/39. I suggest that if you plan to do your riding out west in deep snow, go with the 16 inch wide track. I go most places with mine, but dont expect it to go where 153+ inch tracks go (uphill).

will a 16" fit the nytro tunnel? or do you have to cut down some rivets

I cut/ground down most of the rivits to the first rib. There are some weld-nuts up in the bulkhead that are where the track rides around the drivers. I cut these out and replaced them with stainless steel carriage bolts, facing out. Also flattened the head on the carriage bolts slightly, by using a stationary disc sander. Just to give it a little extra clearance.
The rear drop brackets need to be modified as well. I cut them off just below where the track rides around the upper rear idler wheels. Then made some brackets out of 1/4" 6061 aluminum plate, to mount on the outside of the tunnel. The brackets are about the same size/shape as the removed section from the OEM bracket. They put the strength back into the tunnel.
The final mod was replacing the forward rear bumper mounting bolts, with round headed allen bolts. For when the rear skid compresses, and the track rides up into the tunnel.

Bill

Premium Features

Back