• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro XTX Track Question

2" Camo challenger is a good choice, and you can still use the stock 9 tooth drivers. Tunnel protectors have to be removed other then that, it's a direct swap out when using a 15" wide!
I have a 16" wide on mine. It works well, however it is more work to make it fit. I had to modify drop brackets, tunnel bolts, etc.
2 1/4" would be iffy with 9 tooth drivers. It would clear just fine with smaller 8 tooth drivers though.

? for MTN VIPER or anyone

MTN Viper or anyone else with experience on XTX tracks!

I've searched several threads on tracks for an XTX and you seem to have good first hand experience. I have an XTX with standard 1.25 track and am looking at getting a deeper lugged track for a trip ( hopefully two) out west next month :face-icon-small-hap. At best I make it out a couple times a year and otherwise will run the 1.25" track back here. I found a brand new back country 1.75" for $250 but am intrigued by the 2" and then the 16" as well. I do want to be able to simply switch the two tracks back and forth so am trying to keep it pretty simple.

Given the above price, and for a couple trips a year is it worth it for me to search for a 2" challenger? If so is it also worth it to go 16"?

Thanks!!

I'm happy with the 16" wide, however it is a fair amount of work to make it fit. Of course once the tunnel mods are done for the 16" a 15" will fit back in no problem.
I ride 90% mountains though, and to be honest if I was doing the swap for a couple trips out west. I probably would stay with the 15" wide just because it's easier!
A 2" is better for the powder then a 1.75", however if the snow is a little more set-up.(spring snow) You probably wont notice a huge difference between the two.
I'm not familiar with the back country lug pattern, but $250 for a new track is a pretty good deal! If the pattern is similiar to a challenger, I probably would go with it and your case.

If you decide that you like riding the mountains, and to make more trips out west. You can always sell the 1.75 BC latter probably for close to what you have in to it. Then "upgrade" to a 2" 15"or even a 16" for next year!

I highly recommend some mountain ski bottoms, it's an easy swap and helps big time with front end floatation/side hilling!

Pulling up the limiter straps on a XTX also helps deep snow performance, by reducing the approach angle.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the great feedback MTN VIPER. I'll give the Back Country a shot. I'm already working on the mountain skis and was planning to pull the limiters all the way up.

Have you removed the swaybar on your XTX as well?

Yes I did remove the sway bar. I tried it with it in, but found that the sled would pitch around alot when climbing through rough terrain.
With it removed, now the front suspension acts independently. It's much easier to "hold a line" when crossing a hill through old tracks. If that makes sense!

The 1.75" backcountry is a great track imo. Awesome trail track, and also works pretty well in the pow. I got one on my stretched out RTX 144", and could'nt be more happy with it.

I took off my 1.75 back country. Found it no good in snow over 24" deep. I replaced it with a 2.5, WHAT a diff. Had to replace drivers to 7 tooth and 3" pitch. Replaced top gear and chain and removed tunnel protectors. It works amazing!!! cost about 2 grand complete.

Premium Features

Back