• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro xtx advice needed for a beginer

I have ride a yamaha phaser fx 2007 for 4 year, it was very bad in cornering, stability and everithing but in the second and third year I succeded geting this machine run awesome. I had a A.D. Boivin ZX-2 rear suspension, with a 136 inch camoplast intense track, the Gytr oil shock in the front, and the most incredable wearbar you can possibly have, the Bergstromskegs triple point 8 inches with the bushing kitt, I also have the stag 1 cluth, cold air intake and the double pipe from schmith bros, the sled ride awesome on the trail and on very bad and big bumpy trail just after a storm before the dozer passes on the trail, I was able to run 65 mph while still in control of the sled and laught at the super powerfull sled that were just about to loose control at 30 mph. for the offtrail use the sled was finaly good, could make donuts on the snow standing on one side of the sled and my shoulder touching the snow while doing it.

Now I am changing the sled for a Nytro fx-xtx 144 inc brand new (unsold one) I wanted more power on the phaser and it is cheaper to change the sled than putin a turbo in the phazer. My goal is to setup this nytro so that I can have the same awesome result I had with the phaser. I do about 75% of groomed trail, I want the sled to have good cornering on the trail. As for the 25% of trail it is light off trail riding like going to someones place but whitout a real trail, and doing some donuts in the powder and some jumping. I forgot to mention that I want to be able to just love bad condition trail just like I did with the phaser, I realy like big bump at high speed,

This is what I am doing now on the nytro
-putting A.D.Boivin zx-2 reaar suspension it weight 53 lbs
-Nytro mtx skis not the m9
*I would like to know the weight of the stock rear suspension shocks include of the xtx nytro to know how much I save weight with Boivin suspension
-Bergstromskegs triple point carbribe 8 inches
-seting up the cluth as sugested by scmith bros at 2900 rpm to engage.
-instaling the scmith bross dual pipe minus 7 pounds or the new mpi one with the 11 pound off.
-a yuasa batery if it can stand minus 25 for the minus 12 pounds
For the other modd I just don't know what to do that will go in the same way as the usage.
-what would be the best front end shocks?
-would the skinz concept front end good for my need?
which one of the two exaust is the best Note that I already have the scmith bross one it is the same for phaser and nytro
will I be able to have the awesome ride I had with my phaser with the nytro?

P.S. please take in consideration that this is my second sled, so I consider myself a newby that don't know too much thanks.

Premium Features

Back