• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Now 101 Octane at the Pump in Palmer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Just a heads up to anyone in the valley or running out to Eureka. My buddy Chris has an auto / speed shop in Palmer with 101 octane at the pump (less than $5 per gallon) along with diesel and unleaded. Just got the pumps up and going, his shop is located across from the fairgrounds, between the Noisy Goose / Colony Kitchen and the DMV building. Good dude and also sells Klotz products.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
Leaded or unleaded? whats the brand? Might be interested in a buying a 55 gallon drum. I need something for the cobra, this 90 Octane A-town gas wont allow me to run crap for boost.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Not sure of fuel brand or if it is leaded or not, will ask next time I get gas. I am almost 100 percent sure I saw klotz snomo oil in the display stand.

It's a super shops store, you can look them up online and look at their Palmer store. super-shops-Inc.com

Dec 8, 2007
Speed shop in Palmer

I went out today to the shop in palmer for 101 Octane Gas and Klotz Oil. I Highly recommend business with these guys. It was good to see 101 Octane Fuel in a pump again, it's been a long time since I've seen that. The 101 is Klotz, they have some 118 I believe inbound soon. The 101 which is Alaska's answer to BP 93/94 that the rest of the US gets, the 800 engines that most sleds use will thank you. Knowing chevron 90 is the best pump gas with a +/-2 which means realistically your pumping a premium 88-90. into your 8,000 rpm 11,000 investment. Yes I believe on Saturday putting better gas in my sled than my truck-

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
he uses tesoro based 90 and then adds the klotz additive to bump it to 101. i bought 15 gallons the other day at 4.97 a gallon. don't know how adding additive to a 90 octane base is different from "actual" produced race gas. nojoke seems to know a decent amount about it, maybe he can enlighten us...?

he does have klotz sled oil and pretty much any other klotz product. he also has some type of fancy diesel (don't know much about diesel fuels, guess has more lubrication?) and is a full time mechanic shop for speed or standard wrenching. pretty cool cat too.

pv

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
Just a heads up to anyone in the valley or running out to Eureka. My buddy Chris has an auto / speed shop in Palmer with 101 octane at the pump (less than $5 per gallon) along with diesel and unleaded. Just got the pumps up and going, his shop is located across from the fairgrounds, between the Noisy Goose / Colony Kitchen and the DMV building. Good dude and also sells Klotz products.

TTT for any one that needs 101 octane gas :D picked up some today :D i was getting detonation from the av gas i was running :( hopefully this 101 stuff will help:D:D

R

RATED-X

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2007
Wasilla
What about 100LL? I have a buddy that uses it, just wondering what the negative effects would be.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
100ll is avgas. Asking that question is about likeing the opinion of amsoil on this forum. I run straight avgas 100ll in all three of our sleds. No problems at all. Yes, the piston wash is slightly different than with pump gas. The plug colors are way different but the plug burn pattern is the same. Not too hard to figure out your jetting with it. No icing problems running avgas either as it has that built in to it already. There are alot of people on the Penninsula running avgas in the mods since race gas is basically non-existant here. Too expensive to order it unless it is being run in a race only sled and not a weekend rider. Others will swear it is no good in a two stroke. It works fine for an engine that is too much pump gas, but is not in need of 112 either.

Premium Features