• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No fuel being added on boost with aerocharger on 13 proclimb

Mountain Slayer

Lifetime Membership
I have a 2013 Arctic Cat 800 with an Aerocharger turbo sytem with the Dobek box. It worked flawlessly last year. Now, it seems like it doesn't want to fire the second injectors. Anything over half throttle, it get real lean and won't run. I have tried changing the settings on the box, checked hoses/wires/connections, changed fuel pressure all with no improvement. Has anyone had this problem? Any and all ideas/help would be greatly appreciated as I drove 1000 miles to ride and am sitting now.

I am not sure if it is or not at this point. When you give it full throttle it won't even go, just powers out, so I did not run it like that too much. I have it tore a part right now, so hoping to find more ideas to check before I put it back together again (not the first time) to try it out.

X2 on make sure that the blue light is coming on in the fuel box. If the Light is not coming on the box is not seeing the boost to turn on the secondary injectors. Make sure that the hose has not come off or got plugged with something. Pull the hose off the box and look inside the nipple on the box and make sure nothing is inside there.

I will definitely check that out tomorrow. It acted up earlier in the year and found that the boost hose from the throttle body to the fuel regulator was pinched, seemed to fix the problem then only to get worse now again. That hose seems to be fine now but will check that and the line from the airbox to the controller again.

Sled running blow into the box boost reference line. Blue light should turn on. If not then it's not seeing boost. Also have u checked reeds? How you know it's going lean for sure?

You beat me to it snopro69. Good post! After several rides last year my sled would do about the same thing that you described. My blue light was not coming on though so We pulled the boost hose off and blew air through it and got a little piece of aluminum out of the line and thought we were good to go. Took it for a ride and same thing. Blew air into into the box while it was running and the light would come on some times. Looked in the hole and there was another small piece of aluminum in the nipple where the hose attaches. Ran good after that. I have also heard of people getting moisture in the box and having problems. Hopefully it's not your reeds. Hope you get it running and get to enjoy your trip.

pressure

Depending on the program in your box... when do they have the secondaries firing in your program???? you may not be able to blow hard enough to test the secondaries....some programs dont fire the secondaries until 5-8psi of boost..... I use a 20CC syringe. Have the syringe all the way open then plug it into the boost line which runs to the dobec box... Start the sled and then push slowly on the syringe to push the air into the box. You should be able to simmulate about 8-10 psi of boost doing this very easily.... dont use an air compressor or you will probably Pop your boost sensor......

Both lines are clear. The blue light comes on when I blew in the line and also when giving it throttle, so it is sensing boost. I am thinking the controller is bad or some other electrical issue that I can not find. Working on getting a Vipec put on tomorrow, hope that solves my problems.

Sorry we couldn't help you get your sled running, but please give us a update on how your sled runs with the vipec installed.

The sled runs great with the Vi-Pec on! There is just so much more that you can tune compared to the Dobek. A big thanks to Bryce at Turbo Performance for getting me going again.

Premium Features

Back