• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Coolant Movement

L
Jun 29, 2024
Wyoming
My 2020 850 KHAOS with 375 miles has a strange cooling issue. It was suggested that it may have developed an airlock in the system from sled being upside down as they can do! I tried all the tricks to attempt to remove potentially unwanted air but cannot get coolant to circulate. During one attempt where I had the sled idling with the back of the sled raised up to my pickup, sled was at 45+ degree angle, the system did begin to cool. The temp gauge dropped from 155 to 135 and all the coolant lines, tunnel coolers, coolant in bottle and the hose from the bottle to the water pump all warmed up. I was hoping this had solved the problem, but after letting the sled completely cool, then idling again, it did not circulate coolant and overheating was back.

Thinking I had a thermostat problem I ordered a new integrated thermostat / overflow bottle. I haven't put it on yet because I am not convinced that the thermostat is my problem. What seems weird is, when running, the coolant in the bottle does not even warm at all. Seems like coolant in the bottle should be constantly circulating. The hose from the engine to the bottle does warm up but that's where the heat seems to stop. As the sled gets hotter and hotter the hose from the bottle to the engine remains totally cool, indicating to me there is no coolant flow.

Possibly, I am wrong on how this system functions. If the thermostat is stuck closed would that stop all coolant movement in the sled, or could I potentially have a coolant pump problem?

Thank you in advance!

Premium Features