• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to skidoo

R
Jan 21, 2008
Yakima,Wa
Just bought my first skidoo yesterday, it is a brand new 2013 800 154 xm x, so im going for the first ride 2morrow. I ride from 3 to 6,000 around Yakima, I asked dealer what weights were at and he said #1, I thought it should be at #2 but he said they were getting a lot of positive feed back at that setting during break in. I rode with skidoo last week on there vip demo ride up on blewett pass and they had those demos on #2. I just don't want to hurt anything. Ive read all your guys posts on break in so I hope im ready to join the clan. Any feed back would be appreciated.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Just bought my first skidoo yesterday, it is a brand new 2013 800 154 xm x, so im going for the first ride 2morrow. I ride from 3 to 6,000 around Yakima, I asked dealer what weights were at and he said #1, I thought it should be at #2 but he said they were getting a lot of positive feed back at that setting during break in. I rode with skidoo last week on there vip demo ride up on blewett pass and they had those demos on #2. I just don't want to hurt anything. Ive read all your guys posts on break in so I hope im ready to join the clan. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Turn that frown upside down. If you're new to Skidoo you should be smiling. The dealer said reports are better on 1 during break in. The demo sleds were probably well broke in so they were on 2. If you find you are not getting enough rpm out of it then change the setting, you'll be fine.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Run what ever clicker gives you 7900-8000 rpm.
Once you get about 200-300 miles on it you want to adjust pin weight to run on clicker 3-4. It will be much snappier and gives the best combination of low end response and top end pull on 3-4. 1 will be lazy and higher clicker are very responsive but dont pull well on top. 3-4 is the sweet spot, but wait until its through the break in program to make changes.....unless it is overrevving on #1, then have the dealer add some pin weight.

Premium Features