• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to REV 800

Hey all,
I'm new to the forum and new to snowmobiles in general. My buddy and I went riding last year and he let me ride his old RMK 800. I noticed I had a hell of a time making this machine move while he could turn his 06 REV 800 on a dime and it seemed a lot more agile. I like the way it sits higher than a polaris RMK 800. I'm in the market for a sled right now and wondering if you ski dooers could help me out with understanding the models. Whats the difference between the REV and the Summit X?

Sorry for the noob questions, I've googled and searched already but haven't really been able to find much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

First of all, Welcome!
And B, you've done well to set your eyes on Ski-Doo.

I recently started mountain riding. This will be my 3rd season coming up. I splurged and bought a new 2007 800R Rev from Felkers in Loveland. I absolutely love it.

From my limited experience and learning, a setup from Felkers will far outpace an 'identical' sled from another or setup yourself. Yes I'm bias, but with good reason.

Now the Summit X is the new 800. Much lighter, seems to have better power output, comes with longer track (with too many holes, hurts floating ability), lighter, more agile, different (better) rider stance, did i mention it's lighter?, taller/shorter length seat, oh and it's lighter

oh, best buddy of mine has an 08 X
he's an amazing rider, but i can still out climb him on my 800 Rev
i think that's merely talent & shouldn't reflect poorly on Tyler's sled
oops, didn't intend to call him out

First of all, Welcome!
And B, you've done well to set your eyes on Ski-Doo.

I recently started mountain riding. This will be my 3rd season coming up. I splurged and bought a new 2007 800R Rev from Felkers in Loveland. I absolutely love it.

From my limited experience and learning, a setup from Felkers will far outpace an 'identical' sled from another or setup yourself. Yes I'm bias, but with good reason.

Now the Summit X is the new 800. Much lighter, seems to have better power output, comes with longer track (with too many holes, hurts floating ability), lighter, more agile, different (better) rider stance, did i mention it's lighter?, taller/shorter length seat, oh and it's lighter

X's are the spring sale sleds

SkiDoobyDoo we can tell you are new to doo as well.
For the most part x's have better shocks (worth the money) Depending on the year the seats are different. Also depending on the year the X's were available in longer track lengths. The X's usually have some lighter weight components (breaks handle bars) making the sleds 5 to 15 lbs lighter once again depending on the year of the sled. As for the holes in the track, that was done to make the track lighter creating more track speed. And yes it does work and no you don't loose flotation.

The best way to find the differences between the x's and the none x's is to go to the skidoo website. Find the year you want then look at the different spec sheets.

SkiDoobyDoo we can tell you are new to doo as well.
For the most part x's have better shocks (worth the money) Depending on the year the seats are different. Also depending on the year the X's were available in longer track lengths. The X's usually have some lighter weight components (breaks handle bars) making the sleds 5 to 15 lbs lighter once again depending on the year of the sled. As for the holes in the track, that was done to make the track lighter creating more track speed. And yes it does work and no you don't loose flotation.

The best way to find the differences between the x's and the none x's is to go to the skidoo website. Find the year you want then look at the different spec sheets.

There is a standard Rev (mine) and then the Rev X with the upgrades you described, both ended production in 2007. Then the XP chasis came out with the Summit X.

I thought birddogoutlet was comparing the Rev to the Summit X.

hello and welcome to sw. i was in ur boat last year and it is a big deal trying to figure out what sled to buy and why. i found a screamin deal on here for a 07 rev 159. had all updates and some aftermarket mods. the sled is great! runs like a raped ape. took a few rides to get it dialed in to my weight and riding style and to get use to it. but after that i was in love... i did just ditch the stock track for personal reasons. the porting doesnt kill your flotation in my opinion. i just didnt like the challenger lite compared to everyone elses challenger. but again, personl pref. and the sled ran great with the lite track.
there are a lot of little things to do to revs (like any other sled) to get it running smooth and where you want it. i would definetly recomend a 05-07 rev... and you can find some good deals on the ol swapmeet scetion.
good luck and welcome again
dane

The "X" designation goes way back.....just a upgrade package, and applies to the S, XZ, Rev and XP chassis.

There is a standard Rev (mine) and then the Rev X with the upgrades you described, both ended production in 2007. Then the XP chasis came out with the Summit X.

I thought birddogoutlet was comparing the Rev to the Summit X.

The "Summit X" is a very vague term. Doo has had a Summit X every year for 10 years or more.

Premium Features

Back