• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Sled where to go?

A

akhunter75

Aug 23, 2002
like he said

#1 ride with some one . I have walked out a few times, but there will be a day when the snow is too soft! Then what? P-ville would be a good place like the guys are saying.

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage Snowmoblie Club

Snow is still pretty marginal, but if you are a newbie (or not) one of the best things you can do is go on some rides the ASC puts on. All levels are available and you can met some people that are really inteligent on snowmachines (as opposeed to some of the folks on here that are better typers than riders). Club has a website and the met the 3rd thursday of the month.

A
Thanks for the replys, I went to Eureks last Sunday and stayed on the trails and within 5 miles of the road. May go back there this weekend or Pville

Where is a good place in Cantwell? to park, camp in a truck camper?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Thanks for the replys, I went to Eureks last Sunday and stayed on the trails and within 5 miles of the road. May go back there this weekend or Pville

Where is a good place in Cantwell? to park, camp in a truck camper?

as for advise, get an avy shovel, small folding saw, spare sparkplugs, 25-50 ft small rope,at least 1 spare belt and common tools to work on your sled(get a bag for storing it all....if you get stuck...use the shovel to dig all the snow out around the sled, including a area in front to get going before being back in deep snow....also a small first aid kit,drinks, snacks and fire starter..and don't ever ride alone /and make sure someone knows what area you are riding and timeframe gone.....

Premium Features