• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New runningboards, install help.

A
Sep 14, 2009
Looking to add the proclimb running boards to my 2016 proclimb just wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions before I go cutting my tunnel apart? And what did you guys use to cut the tunnel? Thanks!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Double check everything twice before cutting, when in doubt leave a little extra and trim later! I like to use a cutoff wheel instead of a sawsall or air saw, easier to cut a straight line and doesn't get bound up and jump around. I would also make sure to cover the side of the tunnel, nothing like putting a big scrape or gouge in the side.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I put on BDX boards about a month ago. I used air saw, took my time, it cut like butter, smooth and nice. I chose to leave the bottom rivets and cut along the adjoining line where the 2 tunnel skins meet, for strength cause I'm around 240-250 geared up. Heavy enough and agile enough that I broke rivets on my m1000 after a board change. A perfectionist would probably raise eyebrows at the sight of leaving a bottom sill around these rivets, but I could give a crap, I like strength and not breaking, especially the board fasteners.

I did first side by myself, second side after a buddy showed up for a beer. Way nicer with 2 guys, even though he continually kept calling me a fool for cutting up a brand new sled..... Yet I loved getting rid of that cheesy flimsy tin that Arctic cat calls a running board.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
if you like pm me and ill walk you through it, use a sawsal it works the best and ill give you a few tips. I just suck at typing and explaining what needs done :) ps watch wyos....and c02s video above it will help

-unsound

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2013
Fort Sask, Alberta
I just finished installing BMFab skinny boards on my 2016 the other day. I used a grinder with a zip disc then cleaned everything up with a sanding wheel on the grinder. Came out really nice and only took about 20 minutes to have the second running board off once i knew what I was doing. Besides that I basically followed the install videos posted above

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
wyo's back!!!
face-icon-small-happy.gif

Reactions: dgibbons
Premium Features