• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New owner Summit 800-163 skis etc.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Just purchased a new 2009 Summit Everest 800-163. Need to know if the stock Pilot skis are decent or should I put on my SLP skis.I ride in Cooke City area only at around 9000-10,000 feet, what should I set the adjustable clutch at? Thanks!!

S
Aug 10, 2009
The stock skis are good skis i think most guys keep them. I rode one with the slp skis last year. Didn't like them at all. Please keep in mind though I have simmon skis and love them. I have riden the stock skis as much as my simmons and they are good but for a little guy the simmons made side hilling and carving much easier. Doing that on the SLP skis seem well interesting. The were very grabby(could of been the setting of the limiter strap) if i was on the gas carving they worked great but once i slowed down the would dart. The only disadvange the simmons have is they don't float as much as the stock, but when you are on the gas your skis aren't on the ground much. It only make for a problem when going straight and slow in deep powder. Carving in deep powder is the best it is like snow skiing....

As for your clutch it should be around a 4 or a 5 but it depends on how your sled is set up i have done work to mine so i am on 4 at 8500 feet and up. One guy i rode with last year put his on a 2 at high elevation and it worked but when we were coming down the hill he had over reving problems I have no idea how his sled was set up but it wasn't that way on our second ride.

Last edited:
Premium Features