• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new oil filter in rev with air pocket

M
Dec 16, 2009
so i installed a new oil filter in my 04 rev summit 800 and i keep bleeding the oil pump with the 8mm nut located at the front of the pump....there is a lil bit of air that will not come out of the filter...i premixed the gas at like a 50:1 just in case but dont want to run the sled with that air bubble there.....any suggestions.

thanks

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
so i installed a new oil filter in my 04 rev summit 800 and i keep bleeding the oil pump with the 8mm nut located at the front of the pump....there is a lil bit of air that will not come out of the filter...i premixed the gas at like a 50:1 just in case but dont want to run the sled with that air bubble there.....any suggestions.

thanks

with the pre mix just run it. Your safe regardless and the bubble will work out

M
Dec 16, 2009
i mixed 50:1..is this enough???i tried running the oil pump wide open and the bubble still is there i can see oil splashing around in the filter and the sled seems to be smoking alot with the lever wide open but......still dont know, i guess i will just run it and hope it works out.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
i mixed 50:1..is this enough???i tried running the oil pump wide open and the bubble still is there i can see oil splashing around in the filter and the sled seems to be smoking alot with the lever wide open but......still dont know, i guess i will just run it and hope it works out.

the bubbles dont stop the oil flow and will work out, As suggested above you can hold open the oil pump awhile as well,yes the motor will be fine at 50-1.you will likely be drowning the engine in oil with both,

Premium Features