• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New install no start??

S

sledhed88

I jusat finished the install on my M7. Twisted race kit

The sled sat for over 6months with an empty fuel tank. I can pour fuel in the cylinders and it will fire. There is spark. I couldnt get the pump primed with over 100 cord pulls, so i used a battery and it work fine. Filled the system, when i pour fuel in and fire it, it will read 40lbs quick then drop down to about 25ish pretty quickly after. Pulling on the cord to try to start, will bring pressure to just above 30.

This uses the capacitor/rectifier setup.
I changed the connection off my fuel pump, cause the kit didnt come with the same connector. Shouldnt matter ??

- -
/ -

the vertical slat on rectifier thing is red from fuel pump and goes to the cap.
the - across (top right) is black from fuel pump and goes to cap.
top left is ground from power supply
bottom right is power

is that correctly hooked up

Im not too sure what else would be wrong.
The O2 gauge lights up when i pull the cord. Should the attitude box flash any lights when pulling it over, or only on start up. I cant remember.

Thanks any hellp appreciated

Get r done.....

Ill bet ya 10 bucks its your injectors.....

Sounds like you need to switch your leads on your injector plugs....

A quick way to test if this is your problem is to plug your injectors back up in stock form and leave the attitude box out of the circut completely... Pull the sled for a bit... if you have to pull it more than 20 times then you have a different prob....

If it does start with the injectors plugged in by their stock form then you need to change some leads around......

I say this because you can pour fuel in the cylinders and it fires....

Also when the Twisted kit comes it usually only builds 20-30 psi of fuel pressure... you have to adjust it up to the 40 ish range...

So here is some info for ya....

http://tunewithattitude.com/instructions.php

Hope this link works...Pull up link and choose your sled... Read the instructions on the Injector plug leads.... I have had to change them on lots of my sleds to get them to work....

Let us know if you get it figured out and what was the culperit....

Good luck....

Last edited:
yupp disconnected the fuel box and it fired 3rd pull :) so i assume try switching the leads that take place of the stock injector connections first?

Yep.... Switch the leads on the stock plugs... Don't switch the leads on the attitude box...

Always a good feeling when the Turby fires up the first time!!!!!

yupp disconnected the fuel box and it fired 3rd pull :) so i assume try switching the leads that take place of the stock injector connections first?
to make sure its hooked up properly, choose one cylinders injector, unplug the injector harness, plug the yellow/red male plug into it, and the yellow with white/red female connector to said injector,

now repeat with the grey/red and green with grey/red connector for the other cylinder. as long as you keep the wires correct between sides you will be fine.

Premium Features

Back