• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 60 hp Boss Nitrous System

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
*** New 60 hp Boss Nitrous System ***

The all new Boss Nitrous system.

We now have the all new Boss 60 hp nitrous system. With their new technology you will get 60 hp regardless of bottle tempature or pressure.

The kit comes with the bottle, all lines, a control box, and all needed wiring and lines.

You can see the kit at the following URL:

Boss Nitrous System

We also have 4 videos posted at the above URL that explain the system and how it works.

Thanks
Mark

BNS-2C_L.jpg BNB-2_L.jpg BNB-6_L.jpg BNB-5_L.jpg

Last edited:
I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Drat!!! I was never going to have a n20 setup on my xp cuz there is no way to safely figure out the fuel metering/piston wash. This is much more interesting. $^^%%$#& dang it !!! Now ill have to see what kinda room i have under the hood. sj

P
Nov 20, 2008
I remember alot of threads on how bad these dudes were at looking after customers. Maybe some people that have been burnt by Boss should chime in. I personally have no opinion, good or bad, since i haven't purchased their products or talked to them for tech support. That being said it was a great presentation and the tech, in my mind is 100 percent on the level.

This is about Boss not the company posting

Last edited:

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Here is my thought on this.

Yes Boss has had some problems, we had a conference call with them about the new nitrous system and they seem more than dedicated to making sure all tech questions are answered and that the customer is taken care of.

I would not post their new nitrous system in four different forums if I did not believe this.

Just look at their seat improvements and the price drop on those seats this year. I think most people will continue to see improvements out of Boss over the next few years.

Thank
Mark

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I have a XP also, you need to put an aftermarket can on it to make everything fit.

Thanks
Mark

I have a hps can. Do you have a pic of your tank mount? What octane fuel is suggested for the fuel res? Is there different shots jets? I dont believe im asking this:face-icon-small-con

Last edited:

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
It is mounted in the intake boot. It does not need to be mounted in the airbox because it is also metering the fuel before it is injected.

I'll have more install and mounting photos early next week.

Thanks
Mark

Nothing against boss but if their nitrous systems are built as poorly as the new seats I wouldn't ever get it. I have about 8 rides on the new seat and only half the zippers havn't broke...but hey the seasons not over yet...Oh and opening a frozen zipper with your fingernail because the pull tab is broken is really fun...thanks boss.

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Sorry about the seat problem, when the season is over you should see if Boss will warranty your zippers.

I think Boss is going to have new zippers for next season, waterproof ones like on a Klim jacket or bib.

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
looks like with the new boss noss system that the fuel line is just fed by hydraulic head pressure. What happens when i am climbing a hill, sitting around 1/3 tank of fuel. Is this thing still gunna draw fuel or just run dry, i mean really you are loosing the head pressure feeding the system if i am not mistaken.

R

ropinsno

Jan 1, 2009
Montana
looks like with the new boss noss system that the fuel line is just fed by hydraulic head pressure. What happens when i am climbing a hill, sitting around 1/3 tank of fuel. Is this thing still gunna draw fuel or just run dry, i mean really you are loosing the head pressure feeding the system if i am not mistaken.

In the video the nozzle is above the auxiliary fuel tank so there is no head. He states that it runs on a Venturi effect, when a semi passes you on a two lane and pulls you into his lane. He said the Venturi pulls a vacuum pressure of about 15 inHg which is about 7.5 psi. With the Venturi there will always be a vacuum as long as there is fuel in the tank.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I have it on my 04 king, It ROCKS !! Install was simple and quick. It is a GREAT system. You can mount the fuel bottle where ever you want it doesn't use gravity feed for the fuel. The fuel is pulled by the n2o when it is injected. I did run into issues with having room in my carb boots and clearance with my carbs. I have now installed the NPFI in my air box with 90s pointing down the barrel of the carbs. Still works GREAT !!!

Premium Features