• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2013 Ecoboost

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Just picked up a 2013 ecoboost. Long bed, 4 door, 3.73 axle, towing mirrors, 26k miles. I will be pulling a 16' enclosed Wells Cargo, but might be pulling a enclosed Interstate I believe a 24' every now and then. In two or so years, might be picking up a camper. My buddy that has the interstate trailer has the same truck and that's what sold me from Silverado to Ecoboost. I don't know what all he has done to it, but would like to hear what others have done to their ecoboost with same package.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Air bags is all ive done so far to mine. I still need to upgrade tires, the pirellis that came on it suck.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Air bags is all ive done so far to mine. I still need to upgrade tires, the pirellis that came on it suck.

Ya, was pricing airbags yesterday. Any suggestions for pressure or brands or what to stay away from. I saw 5000's and 6000's yesterday, I believe they were Firestone's.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/59568/

Those are the ones ive installed. Theyve worked good for the bumper pulling ive done. I wish I would've went with the bigger setup, if nothing else for better bags. Install was simple... I just have the bags T'd together with a single place to air them up.

Definitely go with bigger bags if you plan on any goose neck pulling.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I've read it's best not to plumb the two sides together. So the loaded side doesn't bleed off it's pressure to the unloaded side, during a turn or sway. Supposed to be more stable that way. But, I don't have experience with bags, just considered them for a while and did some reading.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I towed a 5th wheel with my '13 F150 EB longbed before upgrading to a bigger truck. The F150 EB is a capable truck but I wanted more cargo carrying capacity.

I didn't use airbags. Instead, I got a set of road master active suspension coil springs and they exceeded my expectations. Handling towing and not towing was incredible and squat was virtually eliminated.

Every F150 in my subdivision that tows now has a pair of RAS helper springs. No air pump, no hassle, no leaks, no worries. Best of all, they are a 1 beer job to isntall. VERY EASY!

Premium Features