• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need susp. help on my xtx

I went deep powder riding yesterday on my 09 xtx with a 2" track and anti ratchet drivers and got stuck more than not going through the hardwoods, hit the throttle and the track would just sink even on the smallest incline, i'm 5' 10" 175lbs with my gear on, any help where my front and rear susp. should be set up would be great (limiter strap, coil springs, ski psi).

You might try pulling the limiter straps up. I pulled mine up two holes ( one left to go from being all the way up)
It reduces the approach angle and helps in deep snow.
When you pull up the limiter straps, you'll also want to soften the front suspension springs.
With the weight off of the front end, I set the springs so they are just slightly loose in the collars. This will also help with side hilling!
When setting the front springs softer, I like to back off the re-bound clicker, and tighten the compression clicker.
Also I like to tighten the front skid shock spring preload, seems to ride better. Also it helps prevent bottoming out the front of the skid, due to the reduced travel (from pulling the limiters up)
For the rear torsion springs, I just set for your weight. Then adjust the rear shock clicker for the prefered ride quality.
BTW Mountain skis help a LOT on a XTX!
(09 XTX)
HTH

Premium Features

Back