• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Some Advice

X

XTremist13

well i just got rid of my monster of an apex and im looking to go a bit of a different route..... i really enjoy riding my fiances m8 and am thinking of buying myself one but was thinking of putting a pump gas turbo on it. the only thing is i have no experience whatsoever on two smoke turbos, im not scared to install it but i need to know what to look for, whats good whats bad etc. what kind of boost can you push with a pump gas kit, can you push more with upgrades, whats needed for motor work etc etc etc

thanks guys

I would do a race gas kit man.
The price difference isn't very much. Alot of guys say they just want pump gas. And then ride it a few times and want more power!! So they have to buy all the race gas parts and end up spending alot more money.. Check out OVS and their turbo kits. They are the Best kits out there!! Generally, for mountain riding I think you could run 7-9 psi on pump gas. The the Suzuki 800 in the cats is a awesome engine to boost! Don't need to do any mods other than the turbo kit itself, to have a high HP durable set up. I would call the turbo kit manufactures that you have in mind. Talk to them for a few minutes. See which one you think is the most knowledgable and helpful. The ovs race gas kit comes with it all! Their air box design is awesome and Most boosted sleds are running a set of their reed cage extenders. It's truly a quality kit! I bought one for my (now sold) 2009 M8. And my friend and I installed it. Install takes a full day! But it's all worth it when it's done!! Be sure to check out the swap meet on here for some great deals on boosted sleds
Or used turbo kits. I can't believe what some people are selling these for.

I would recommend a Twisted, Cutler or OVS kit

they have the best Quality, service and support. Also Definitely get the Dual Injector- RG capable Turbo Kit, then you can run whatever Fuel you want , the better the Gas the more the HP.

Yep I went with PG first ended up paying more to upgrade it to 4 injector instead of just ordering the RG kit from the start.
I think most kits are pretty good I would go with the kit you can get service in your area just incase you have trouble. The other thing is if you know some guys in your area running a specific kit that would also be a good choice. I have over 3000 miles on my m8T and counting with very few issues.

Well I think more questions are in order :) How much boost did your apex have?? How was it ridden? I had an apex at 16lbs and it was amazing for power, amazing. My tm1ooo at 10 on av gas is soo slow compared to my old apex.. 30 mph slower So if you had a high powered apex you had better plan to be in the race gas 12-15 lb world and there is only 2 that really standout.. Brent lindeman @arctic edge motorsports or Ovs,

Jim

We have had really good luck with cutler and we are showing our kit we've co-developed with Evolution Powersports at Haydays. It features some things that haven't been done on 2s kits before.

As most will say, any kit is only as good as the install and the support behind it. 2s kits are not like what you are used to in 4s land. I rode a TApex at 18-20 lbs for 4 years and last 2 on upgraded 1100's. 4s is very turn the key and ride. Maintanance and checking things over is a more regular deal with a 2s turbos. Do your research and if you go the 2s route make sure you do diligence.

Premium Features

Back