• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEED INFO ON TWISTED TURBO

Is it true, that they get there oil to lubricate from the oil mixed with gas? Also anyone have one that is turned down to 6-7 pounds of boost so can run pump gas? Buying sled with twisted turbo, and its running 11 pounds of boost now. Sure would like some answers before I spend my money. Thanks guys any imput would be greatly appreciated.

what year, what turbo,
I ran 6-12lbs
6-7lb on pg at 10000ft.
You mix the gas to run it.
the turbo oil is ran off the original pump.

What else would you like to know.

weights and boost

What boost do you guys think would be safe with 50/50 mix of av-gas/pump gas? Also what weights are you using at 6-7 pounds boost at 5-8 elevation?
thanks guys for info

at 6-7lbs 1-2 gallons of av if that, just watch for a det code if you get one turn it down a touch.
MDS weights and stock secondary.

You can run 6 at 8000ft on 91.

What year is the sled and do you know what turbo is on it.

i'm riding a 09 m8 twisted extreme- 10lbs straight 100ll

stock motor, twisted head

Last edited:
Make sure your sled has a det sensor before pushing the limits on octane. Like Wyo said, what year sled?

sled

Its 05m7 bored running 800 pistons, don't know exact model of turbo, as getn it tomorrow. It is coming from your neck of the woods Av8er. You know the sled?

U know I laugh and giggle at all the help until some one asked what sled it was. Very important to do some investigating with Shane on this sled before the purchase. You might be buying someone elses can of worms. If Im not mistaken the electrical on a m7 has to be swapped over from DC to Ac to accommadate a turbo, or vise versa. I know this made it tricky to boost. Hence the reason I never boosted my M7. If you have interest in this unit take it for a test run with someone with turbo knowledge. And make sure the price is right!! If this is your first boosted unit u might get a bad taste in ur mouth if its a lemon someone is trying to unload. I guarantee the listing for this sled probably stated "strong sled, pull and go.............real sleeper". Never let that fool you when purchasing. Cheers

no I do not know this sled

sorry, good luck if u pull the trigger, I had a big bore 901 and a boondocker turbo and it was a bugger to tune

I hear there was a test drive on this machine. Do tell as the owner is private message wanking at me for giving good advice. If I recall I mentioned to take the unit for a testride with someone with turbo knowledge?

test ride

Yea, took my buddy who owns turbo'd pro. It ran good with the exception, every now and then it would cut out as tho lost everything for split second when held wide open. Would come back even if didn't let off throttle tho don't know if was hitting rpm limit as i didn't look at that. Also didn't have much fuel in it either and thats what owner was leaning on as the problem. Guess we'll see. Anyhow went ahead and purchased it. Final price was 4500 with possible 200 more on the line. Want to thank everybody for advice especially J Altamont thanks a bunch. Really nice when people help out other people.

Premium Features

Back