• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEED HELP

H
Nov 14, 2010
i just recently bought an 07 summit x 800, 144 track, i got it from a local dealer and noticed it is kinda boggy but figured it could be bad gas! Well sunday i went up to ride at Snowy Range, started sled up on the trailor and let it warm up for about 10 minutes, got on and rode it about 100 yards in a circle and it just died out! tried pulling it over and it was like locked up but then it came free and it started up, rode it about 50 more yards and it died again this time it wouldnt start back up! so i packed up and drove home, when i got home i was curious if it would start and what do you know it did and ran great for about 10 minutes then died and wouldn't start again! so i compression tested it and got 80 in one side and 50 in the other. Pulled the head to see and the pistons, cylinders and head look and are brand new and sled has 640 miles on it! Now the sled has bad compression and no spark on the plugs! ANY INFO WOULD HELP BECAUSE IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO OR WHERE TO EVEN START! THANKS ALOT

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
i just recently bought an 07 summit x 800, 144 track, i got it from a local dealer and noticed it is kinda boggy but figured it could be bad gas! Well sunday i went up to ride at Snowy Range, started sled up on the trailor and let it warm up for about 10 minutes, got on and rode it about 100 yards in a circle and it just died out! tried pulling it over and it was like locked up but then it came free and it started up, rode it about 50 more yards and it died again this time it wouldnt start back up! so i packed up and drove home, when i got home i was curious if it would start and what do you know it did and ran great for about 10 minutes then died and wouldn't start again! so i compression tested it and got 80 in one side and 50 in the other. Pulled the head to see and the pistons, cylinders and head look and are brand new and sled has 640 miles on it! Now the sled has bad compression and no spark on the plugs! ANY INFO WOULD HELP BECAUSE IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO OR WHERE TO EVEN START! THANKS ALOT

I would suggest removing the cylinder and inspecting the rings.. I suspect that the pistons maybe installed backwards (seen that a few times) or that the rings are broken..

Premium Features