• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help with 600 triple

S
Jan 9, 2008
i have a polaris xlt special 600 triple and it starts up easy and idles fine but when i give it some throttle it tries to die out but later if figured out that when i shake the sled back and forth it will slowly bog and then kick in and go it also runs fine on top end i cant seem to figure out why its doing this i though about the choke sticking a little but im not sure if anyone can let me know if they know what it is it would be helpful

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
sounds like the floats are sticking if rocking side to side helps if it's the choke unscrew them out of the carbs and spray on a little silicone

S
Jan 15, 2008
Canada
did you clean the carbs ensuring the pilot and main jets were clear?
seized choke plates was a common problem for those 600 fugi motors which usually resulted in a broken choke cable or lever and of course hard cold starting and or warm bogging.

sounds like ya might want to also consider spending the time to check out the needle and seats too, maybe dirty and "gummed" causing the adjustment to be "wacked out" ?

kinda along the lines of what gadgetmonkey is saying

Premium Features