• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help on snowmobile lift build

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Ok here is the link to the plans I am working off of. http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/SledLift/SledLift.htm

My question is on the first pic look at (riser bars #8 it shows them being 2') so I got a jack that I know will lift higher than that so can I just make these riser bars say 30'' or 36'' to lift the sled up higher??? Or will that mess with the geometry of the lift??

I only have steel to try this once well I can make a few mess ups but not to many and the place to get more is closed down this weekend. I would just like it to lift the sled up a tad higher is all.

So any help would be great.

Thanks

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
I can't make the picture clear enough to see which part is labeled #8, but i can tell you that you can make all 4 of those uprights longer and not need a longer jack, just keep the jack mounts in the same location in relation to the bottom of the uprights. the only thing is the longer you go the more leverage will be applied to the jack and it may not lift if you go too long. I have made 3 lifts nearly identical to this design but they used a handcrank boat winch not a jack they work great.

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I think if you only make them 6" longer you will be all right. If you were going longer than that you might have to lengthen out piece #1. This would keep it from going over backwards when you jack it up.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
$200 would be a steal just the stuff to build mine was $200 I think the steel place ripped me off but they are the only place I can get steel from in Bozo.

$130 for 40ft of 1'' X 2'' 1/8'' wall does this sound way out of line to you?? Crap I built a mini sand rail 5 years ago and for just the tubing I paid $350 but I know the steel market has gone crazy like everything else.

ya see.. The problem here is that you put that bolt on top, under the bottom hinge and behind the right casted flange. If you lifted the hook bar and turned the slide plate to the left, you would easily have the 60 inch hight required for the sled to hang over the left side of the stand. Just dont hang the idlers over the back of the rotating coupler on top of the mounting plate. This will cause a failure in the weld on top of the lower main weight baring distribution bar. :) lol..

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
steel is outragous these days. but that sounds about right 200. i just bought 8' of 2" sq tube and it was 65

Premium Features