• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need better fuel mileage of bigger tank..any ideas?

2011 800 Power Tek Summit 154.....I can only get 80 miles per tank. I need to be at 115 to 120 for the type of riding I do. Does anybody have any answers as to how I can get more miles out of each tank or do you know of an aftermarket tanks that will get me the mileage that I need? (Without carrying an extra tank). It seems like I'm only getting 8.3 gallons of usable gas....Is this typical? This is my first Ski-Doo.

How many miles? hours? It will get better once it is broke in and chip is burned out of computer. I have same sled and my fuel light is coming on at about 65 miles, and I have driven at least another 5 to 10 miles and I can't get more than 8 gal. in tank. [10.6} So at 9 miles to gal. I should get past 100 miles tank. I have 175 miles and 8 hrs. on sled. Dealer said it will get better and I have ridden with alot of these sleds and hope he is right. Brad

We have been "burping" the tank when we fill my buddies XP. Fill it up and then fully compress the rear suspension and then fill it some more.

Premium Features

Back