• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Advice on Yamaha Sleds

I have been thinking about buying a Yamaha but need some advice/opinions on them.I have never rode a 4 stroke but have heard very good things about them.I currently ride a 2007 Polaris Switchback 600.If I do buy a Yamaha I want a sled alot like mine.Yamaha has the Nytro XTX which is alot like my sled but I can't stand the way it looks.I do however love the body style of the Apex and Vector LTX GT,they just look mean.I really like the new 2010 Vector LTX GT but from what I am reading it sounds like it's more of a trail machine than a true crossover.I want a machine that can handle a variety of terrain.My favorite type of riding is deep powder and off-trail but will be riding some trails as well.

The thing that drew me to the Yamahas is there quality fit and finish and the reliability of a 4 stroke.However the other concern I had is the weight of a 4 stroke.Advive on Yamahas mono shock rear suspension would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sounds like you are in the midwest somwhere?
The XTX is likely targeted at you as a true crossover sled. Sorry if you have trouble with the looks....maybe some cosmetics in the future if you buy one?
Nytro is new look and Apex/Vector are a tad more traditional which is fine. The Vector may be a consideration and may be a tad warmmer on some of those chilly days. You could always put a tad more agressive track on it for the deeper off trail experiences.
As far the the driveline and the 4 stroke experience........there is nothing like it.:D
I'd suggest you speak with a local dealer to arrange some demo time and form your own opinion.;)
BTW........the haters will be along shortly and tell you to buy xyz.....but hey you sound like a reasonable individual, and am certain, can form your own opinion like many are.:beer;
Safe sleddin'
RS

Go for the Nytro, 3rd year on one first year turboed. I ride 1/3 mountain 2/3 prairies. Wouldnt go with a different machine. I run the MTX and if works good but if I didn't go the the mountains at all I would get am XTX. The apex is better on the trail but the nytro is better everywhere else.

Premium Features

Back