• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Name tags no, patches yes...

Today I sent PMs to 5 of my friends/forum members asking them what they think... and of course they each answered differently.
My question was: Do 4M members want to be recognized by other members? Do they want to meet more people? (I personally would have loved to meet other members who went to the same DNR meetings or to A-man or just be able to notice familiar "sign" on a truck or a snowmachine or a jacket....). I don't like to walk up to a stranger (and with an accent:rolleyes:) ask him or her: Hey, are you on the Snowest? I think I know who you are....

So I was thinking that a sticker for a truck, sled and a helmet and some kind of a patch for jacket might be a good idea. Well, this goes for those who want to meet others, of course. And it would NOT be fair if everybody think: Hey, I will not get the patch/sticker, I will just look for somebody wearing one.....
Anyway, I would like to meet all the forum members that will be at ALyeska this weekend, who went to the meetings last week, who I was supposed to meet at Arctic Man, who PMed me, etc etc...

So the question is: Anybody in favor? (You will have to pay for the patch and the sticker, I can't sponsor you as I do not even have a job:beer;). Who is willing to submit a design? (It can be as simple as AK4M or more complex but something people can be proud of).

Last edited:
Reactions: icr

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
A decal would make it easier to recognize a fellow forum member while out riding. The plates on my truck give me away also, but a decal showing our support of this forum and making it easier to identify fellow forum members would be cool.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I could go for the sticker idea but i'm not too keen on patches. A sticker with an original design that only Ak SnowWesters would recognize would be a good first step.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I have my forum name on my sled and soon my truck..

id put one on my sledding jacket.. even though im not that hard to pick out.. Those that have ridden with me or met me and the trail know why, lol.

Last edited:
A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I'm in, though being that the economy is so poor now perhaps we should get a bulk pack of the "Hello my name is ____________." stickers and we could all wear those!

I'm in, though being that the economy is so poor now perhaps we should get a bulk pack of the "Hello my name is ____________." stickers and we could all wear those!

Just in case this is not some sarcastic memo.... See the name of the thread. But it was my original idea, just to have cheap (mailing lable type) stickers with names for the common events with lots of people....

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Im on the **** end of the pull rope, thats typically how you identify me.. Or myspace, Nick! haha

Im down for a SW and a number too identify yourself.. like SW#4, aaand i think that would techinically make us a gang and thats interesting.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I've missed getting to B.S. with many S.W.rs because I didn't have a way to recognize them till after seeing pics of them out riding. ICR is the only one who actually walked up and asked if I was on S.W. I'd put a sticker on even tho my plates still give me away.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I've missed getting to B.S. with many S.W.rs because I didn't have a way to recognize them till after seeing pics of them out riding. ICR is the only one who actually walked up and asked if I was on S.W. I'd put a sticker on even tho my plates still give me away.

How does GOOBER give you away?.lmao...J/K...how ya doing mag...put them sleds away yet?

Premium Features