• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

N.E. WA. checking in...

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
Checking in from Pend Oreille county, WA. Not new to sleddin' but may as well be. Ran a kit-kat w/out gov. shortly after learning to walk. Rode on borrowed sleds here and there over the years but last year I moved back out to the sticks and made some new friends who drug me back in, although... it didn't take much. :face-icon-small-ton

I'm in my 40's, about 5'6, 160 lbs. with an amputated left foot from a bike wreck back in '96. Been riding bikes since I outgrew the kit-kat. got my first Hog when I was 26. Yea... do the math, same year I lost my foot. Got healed up and right back on that horse... wasn't even an option, I'm 3rd generation. Been a member/staff/admin of a Fullsize Ford Bronco forum for almost a decade, so I'm pretty comfortable with forums. Nice one ya'll seem to have going here and already ran into some good local help for my parts search here. So that's me = nutshell

Anyway... I picked up a fairly hard use '04 King Cat 900 for $2200 two weeks back and I'm trying to get it all setup in time to enjoy this season. Due to my size and gimpyness, I'm going to slap a rev. kit and electric starter on this monster sled. I've considered doing it myself... but being so unfamiliar with the sleds, I'm thinking I should run it down to a local shop so I can have the options installed and have the rest checked over in the process. Thing started up easy enough, until it got good and cold... now it's like trying to pull start my Harley! :face-icon-small-dis

stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 2.3 challenger extreme non-ported track w/about 100 mi.
new billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe and fmf titanium can

This seems to be a lot of sled to start back out on... but being a motor-sports nut most of my life, I should have this beast under control by the end of the season. :becky:
I'd love to hear any advice or recommendations for my setup, getting back into the sport or this sled in general. Having learned everything I know about my trucks on these enthusiast forums, I'm here for the gang-ba... er, no... the knowledge, yea! ;)

as they say... "thread is worthless w/out pics", so here she is!

HoGSled (1).jpg HoGSled (2).jpg

Premium Features