• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My running-board foot-loop injury: Who else has had their foot stuck in the footwell?

Have you had problems with your boots getting trapped in your Polaris ProRide or AXYS

• Total voters

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Doing some pre-bent and ready to Weld tubes is easy. Probably will offer that quick if the interest is there. The bolt on option isn't far behind but I need to have some time to finish designing it. We try to cater to all of the customer base and that has been becoming more of a focus on our part. Together let's build a product that you the consumer like and we'll get it to market and try to make it as affordable as possible without hiring a crew of illegal immigrants to make it or send it overseas....cause that won't happen...ever.

Bryan

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the pre-bend tubes would be the ticket. I'd get a set for sure. Finding a decent TIG welder is significantly less effort than taking the overstructure off. Plus shipping cost is minimal as well.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have seen no need whatsoever to switch to another set of boards on the AXYS. The factory boards work extremely well. It's those poorly designed toe loops that are the issue. If a person had a "weld on" option or better yet, a "bolt on" option to raise those loops 1.5" to 2" higher . . .problem solved.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If you like the build-up in the rear that continues to move forward in the deep snow...
Stock boards are not better since 2014 Pro's IMHO/

S/C

I hear ya, and it does build up a little back there at times, and in the right conditions. But I rarely if ever have my feet back that far anyways. And if i creeps forward, a quick stomp back there and it goes away :)

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Sorry to hear about your mishap. My uncle had a similar experience on a newer Freeride this year. Very slow speed and was crossing a field where a farmer plowed a early spring access road to a grain bin. It was as slow of a speed as you could imagine - <10mph, hit it at a 45deg angle, sled went one way, he got bucked the other, foot never left the foot well. He needs ACL/MCL reconstruction. This was in March and they still haven't done anything with it. Poor guy is 42 and this will be his 4th knee surgery. Good luck and take your time rehabbing...don't rush it otherwise you'll be back at square one.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
As discussed previously....Put me down for a bolt on set for the 2016 AXYS
And a bolt on set for the 2015 Pro

I will put these on my sleds and set them
on the display floor at my shop and get peeps attention for this valuable product for my clients - that should understand the need
( and bring attention) for this anticipated product

Thanks
S/C

Last edited:

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Just an FYI, in case folks aren't aware, the Everett Ankle Savers are bolt on and fit the Pro and Axys chassis. I know there have been several guys on this forum that have bought them and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I love 'em, but I'm biased:)

everett_ankle_Savers_01.jpg

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Just an FYI, in case folks aren't aware, the Everett Ankle Savers are bolt on and fit the Pro and Axys chassis. I know there have been several guys on this forum that have bought them and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I love 'em, but I'm biased:)

I think these are a good product, just not for me. These ankle savers block off the footwell and make it unusable unless you use the outer edge. I cant imagine that would be convenient or work nearly as well as just having the crossbar moved up. Your product would work for some though i am sure :)

I want to be able to put my foot into the footwell and use the crossbar to lift with my toe to initiate a turn sometimes. Everything about stock is perfect . . .EXCEPT. . the crossbar needs to be about 2" higher so the boot does not get trapped under it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think these are a good product, just not for me. These ankle savers block off the footwell and make it unusable unless you use the outer edge. I cant imagine that would be convenient or work nearly as well as just having the crossbar moved up. Your product would work for some though i am sure :)

I want to be able to put my foot into the footwell and use the crossbar to lift with my toe to initiate a turn sometimes. Everything about stock is perfect . . .EXCEPT. . the crossbar needs to be about 2" higher so the boot does not get trapped under it.

FYI.
I moved mine up 1 1/2" and they are now so loose as to be useless for catching with a toe.........
My (size 13) klim dual boa boots tilt in the open space and the back and forth carve becomes off balance and jerky.....
Yeah I know it seems minor....BUT
I ride my brothers sled with stock hoops and it carves so sweet and smooth wish I hadn't made the change.......... FWIW.....

Continue on........

Last edited:
Premium Features