• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muhammad Ali

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Laying low today. Havent felt like this since Evel died.

I was 10 years old when my dad took me to watch Ali/Frazier I on closed circuit television in the Hamden high school auditorium. A night I will never forget. What a mountain of a man and his riveting career in the ring was only a small part of who he was. I have been listening to sports talk radio all day long and have loved every minute of it. Here is a little clip off todays beaten path that I stumbled upon that I like. I hope i have copied the link correctly.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/49289186...ith-muhammad-ali/?intcmp=hpvid1#sp=show-clips

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Melissa and I watched it live when he lit the torch in Atlanta.

I had a lump in my throat during that moment.
We knew it was huge in that moment.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Melissa and I watched it live when he lit the torch in Atlanta.

I had a lump in my throat during that moment.
We knew it was huge in that moment.

I remember my grandfather yelling at him and the TV for being a draft dodger. Know more about the situation, I agree with Ali.

He was legendary. He wasn't afraid of repercussions for standing up for what he believed in.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
The best heavyweight ever. A cerebral assassin capable of getting on a opponents head. Even Dundee didn't think he could beat Foreman. In the ring pure artwork. Have watched the 3 Frazier fights several times. No wonder both men had problems in later life based on the damage they received.

Out of the ring. A draft dodger plain and simple. Regardless of the politics involved, Uncle Sam called and he wouldn't go. Nam was a different war than WW2 but it's still the same. We stay safe by good men answering the call.

Premium Features