• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotorFist shout out!!! Awesome!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
So MotorFist sent me some gloves, boots and helmet. I already had pants and jacket that hardly got used last season.

First ride out was the Armagheddon Ride, December 21, 2012. At home when I was loading gear, getting diesel, loading sleds and hitching trailers it was -31°f I was wearing all of this gear and stayed warm.

Lets start with the gloves: They sent me the WOT style. I love these things. Light, flexible and easy to put on. The leather on these was soaked and my hands never froze and the gloves never faltered. My hands didn't get sweaty like in other gloves, making them easy to take off and on without the liner turning. That has happened to all of us and it sucks, right? I wish the wrist was a tad longer, but they do have other gloves that are designed with the idea to keep snow out of the glove. You can COLOR me impressed.

The boots: Light, warm, sturdy and the sole is damn tough. I just installed Airframes and those traction studs did not shred these soles. Warm, breathe super well and my feet didn't sweat one drop. Sock, just plain ol' regular Wal-Mart tube socks instead of the SmartWool ones I had to wear with my other boots. Felt like I was wearing running shoes, they were so light.

The helmet: Couldn't wear it as I was missing parts in order to try it. At -25 below I'm not about to ride without a breathe box. Not their fault, they sent one but it was the wrong size. It happens and they are on top of it.

My Rekon gear. Light, fits well, looks great. I do wish that the gaters would stay on my boots better. The parka goes over my TekVest with east and is very comfortable to wear. The warranty is next to none. My jacket had a small seam on a pocket come loose and they sent me a loaner while they repaired mine. Got mine back and you couldn't tell where the loose seam had been. Customer support is hands down the BEST I have ever dealt with. When I call, I always get a person. Not a push button system or a recording. A real, true to life human being. That right there is the most important thing.

More to come as the season moves along. Merry Christmas!!:yo:

snow_god

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2011
southwest wisconsin
I just picked up a pair of the rekon bibs and absolutley love them very light weight, you dont hardly know u have them on. Aslo got a pair of there gloves to. Very impressed with them. Rode in a wet heavy snow for the better part of a day here at home, any other pair of gloves ive owned would of been soaked within the first hour. Not the motorfist gloves, my hands were still dry at the end of the day.

Hoping to get a coat next year, as they are a bit pricey but the saying goes u get what u pay for.

MotorFist

Lifetime Membership
Mar 11, 2012
Motorfist headquarters
www.motorfist.com
Just so you guys know.....

The MotorFist gear will give you 5.1 more HP.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think it is interesting that you pointed out where we suck :) And that we are doing our best to take care of it. I think companies pretend that they have it all figured out. We don't. But we have a few things that are figured out. (Some sweet boots for example :face-icon-small-coo)

We just try to get the wrong things right and are glad folks like you are square with us.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Just so you guys know.....

The MotorFist gear will give you 5.1 more HP.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think it is interesting that you pointed out where we suck :) And that we are doing our best to take care of it. I think companies pretend that they have it all figured out. We don't. But we have a few things that are figured out. (Some sweet boots for example :face-icon-small-coo)

We just try to get the wrong things right and are glad folks like you are square with us.

I wouldn't say suck is the proper term. Because in all honesty, I can say that this gear is the best stuff I have ridden in. The gaters?? Not a big deal, I have never had a built in set of gaters stay down around the boot. They always come up over if you are cramming your feet in the powder on steep sidehills or helping your buddies get unstuck.

So, let's just say that SUCK never pursed itself from my lips. I am stoked to be riding with this gear.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
MF gaiters, same as the rest of the brands. I think the mfrs all assume people wear big ole moon boots or something. They are always loose around the ankle.
Couple wraps of hockey tape on the deep days cures that.
Fwiw MF (and the place I bought my pants) does have great service. Bought a pair of 2011 Rekon pants on closeout and after the first ride found out one of the boot hooks was on backwards, weird. I expected for them to repair the pants, add another boot hook on the gAiter but they just gave me a new pair. I felt bad taking them but the dlr insisted. Iwould have been tickled just to send them in and get them fixed without hassle.
Thx MF.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
MotorFist customer service is top notch.

I bought all new MotorFist gear last year. Recon Jacket, Sidehill bibs, Stomper boots, Killswitch gloves, and there base and mid layers. I ripped a seam out of the bibs riding in the trees. It wasn't a faulty sewwing job it was 100% my fault. I contacted them and told them what happened they had me send them in, asked if I needed a loaner pair while mine were being fixed, snow sucked last year so I turned down there offer for the loaner pair. Shipped the bibs off and 4 days later they were back and as good as new, can't even tell where they repaired them. The Event fabric is the real deal too, it's crazy how well it breaths. I'm an above average sweeter and you can see the vapor rolling off my jacket. And it's totally water proof, rode in rain at the end of the year and I stayed dry all day long. My only complaint about any of my MotorFist gear is the mid layer pants on the knees they use some different fabric and it don't breath, my knees always feel damp.

Question for PJ. Do the recon bibs have the button and hoop on the gaitors? I've never had and issue with my bibs letting snow in.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I bought all new MotorFist gear last year. Recon Jacket, Sidehill bibs, Stomper boots, Killswitch gloves, and there base and mid layers. I ripped a seam out of the bibs riding in the trees. It wasn't a faulty sewwing job it was 100% my fault. I contacted them and told them what happened they had me send them in, asked if I needed a loaner pair while mine were being fixed, snow sucked last year so I turned down there offer for the loaner pair. Shipped the bibs off and 4 days later they were back and as good as new, can't even tell where they repaired them. The Event fabric is the real deal too, it's crazy how well it breaths. I'm an above average sweeter and you can see the vapor rolling off my jacket. And it's totally water proof, rode in rain at the end of the year and I stayed dry all day long. My only complaint about any of my MotorFist gear is the mid layer pants on the knees they use some different fabric and it don't breath, my knees always feel damp.

Question for PJ. Do the recon bibs have the button and hoop on the gaitors? I've never had and issue with my bibs letting snow in.

It's just a standard lace hook. Just hooks on to the lowest laces. Not a big deal. I can just do the same thing as I did with my other brand bibs before I sold them. Hockey tape

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Got me new breathe guard today. Helmet is put together and I'm ready to rock it tomorrow. Spy goggles seem to fit nice. Let's see how they perform

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hockey tape your brand new gear?!?!

I don't have an issue with the snap and loop setup on my pants. If I had to hockey tape my new gear, I'd return it!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Hockey tape your brand new gear?!?!

I don't have an issue with the snap and loop setup on my pants. If I had to hockey tape my new gear, I'd return it!

No. Nothing wrong with it. Mine isn't the snap and loop setup. The one on mine is just a typical bootlace hook riveted into the gater. And the problem was that the hook would pop off my lace if pushed off, like if you stepped off into heavy, deep snow and it was enough to push the hook off. Not a big deal, I have gotten mine to stay in by tightening my laces and pulling the hook under and over the bottem most lace.

Now I finally got my new breathebox that fits the helmet and I really like it. That helmet is super light. I had zero neck fatigue at the end of the day and stayed warm all day. I love the way it comes out and your chin sits above it. Kept my goatee from freezing and icing up.

Now the goggle thing that so may people are worked up about. I tried a set of Spy goggles and after adjusting the head strap tighter they sealed up nice and didn't fog until I nosed my sled into a drift and I buried my face in snow. Then, they fogged. So I switched to my ol' tried and true Scott Xi's and tightend the strap more and they sealed up great also. So, in my experience the Spy goggles and the Scott goggles work just fine. The only mod I am doing to the helmet is cutting the D-rings off and putting on the Quick Release. See link and pic.

https://www.denniskirk.com/hjc/universal-quick-release-buckle-quick-release.p324403.prd/324403.sku

quick release.jpg

I hate the d-ring loops on any helmet. Every single lid in my garage, even my kid's helmets have these quick releases.

Premium Features