• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorcycle Racing at Budweiser Events Center on January 9, 2010

Just FYI...

http://www.larimer.org/news/newsDetail.cfm?id=521

News Release
Motorcycle Racing at Budweiser Events Center on January 9, 2010
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Oct 6, 2009

Contact Information:

Ryan Young
RYoung@BudweiserEventsCenter.com
970-619-4106

Motorcycle Ice Racing grips the ice and spectators’ breaths at Budweiser Events Center on January 9 at 7:30 p.m. Racers will battle on bikes equipped with razor sharp steel studded tires in 20 unique events as they earn points towards the coveted 2010 I.C.E World Champion title. Amateur classes in Nitro X-Karts, Big Dog Pit Bikes, ICE Breaker and Amateur Quads offer brave patrons the chance to participate.

Tickets to Motorcycle Ice Racing, priced at $11, $19 and $23, go on sale Friday, October 16 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased at www.ComcastTIX.com, 877-544-TIXX, at the Budweiser Events Center Box Office, and other ComcastTIX outlet locations. **Tickets for children less than 12 years of age are half price; children’s discount available for $19, and $11 seats.

**All ticket prices will increase $1 when purchased day of show.**

The 34th Annual World Championship Ice Racing Series will be contested in many of North America’s finest sports arenas. Established in 1977, historically the longest running arena racing series on earth features professional Manufacturers World Cup Motorcycles and Unlimited Outlaw Quads. The Unlimited Outlaw Pro Quad division features highly modified 4-wheel ATV’s built and prepared specifically for oval track ice racing. The Quads are noteworthy for their “Lack of Rules” on the ice.

Designed to encourage local participation and to allow for valuable ice experience I.C.E. offers racing in select Amateur Classes. Included in these classes are Nitro X-Karts (layback, oval track racing go-karts with powerful nitro burning 4-stroke engines), Big Dogs Pit Bikes (hopped up customized 50cc racing mini bikes ridden by adults) and I.C.E Breaker Amateur Quads. Interested participants should call the I.C.E headquarters at 843-213-1182.

In just over two hours fans will experience the thunder of 20 exciting races to determine event champions in all classes. Pro racers, along with cash and trophies, will also earn valuable points towards their sport’s most prestigious Title – 2010 I.C.E. World Champion. These Silver Rockets Racing Studs also add an element of danger not present in other forms of racing. The pros are capable of accelerating from 0-60MPH in under 3 seconds on ice.

The Ranch, Larimer County Fairgrounds and Events Complex, located in Loveland, CO, opened in 2003 and is owned and operated by Larimer County. The Ranch consists of the Budweiser Events Center, the Ranch-Way Feeds Indoor Arena and Livestock Pavilions, the First National Bank Exhibition Halls, and the Thomas M. McKee 4-H, Youth & Community Building. The Ranch hosts more than 2,000 events annually and is home to the Larimer County Fair and Rodeo and Thunder in the Rockies Motorcycle Rally. For more information visit www.TREventComplex.com.

Global Spectrum (global-spectrum.com), the fastest growing firm in the public assembly facility management field with more than 80 facilities throughout the United States and Canada, manages the Budweiser Events Center at The Ranch. The 7,200 seat multi-purpose venue is home to the Colorado Eagles of the Central Hockey League and the Colorado ICE of the Indoor Football League.

# # #

Premium Features

Back