• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minnesota to Revestoke BC

B

bim900

Sep 14, 2008
Dumont, MN
I am heading to revelstoke and was wondering what the best rout to get there was from Minnesota. Is it better to stay in the states as long as you can because google maps has me going up through minot ND into canada. Had one guy tell me to go all the way to spokan WA and then go north any input would be greatly appreciated

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Depends if you are concerned with fuel prices much and what part of mn you are leaving from. I have been to revy 5 times from the St. Cloud area and it is the best 5 trips I have been on in my life. We went thru Montana twice and straight to Winnipeg twice taking 1 straight a cross the the continent. We had better luck time wise going thru Calgary. More major roads mean better conditions and more opportunities for fuel stops. My advice: make sure to take at least 5 gallons of diesel with you for emergencies and unless things have changed do not under any circumstances stay at the glacier house. Pm me if you have any other questions or for further info and good luck. It is an experience starting from when you pull out of the driveway.

T
revvy questions

thinking about a trip to revy,whats up with glacier house? are there parking areas where you can park an rv and set up shop,last year we went to colorado and they had parking areas on top of mountain you could park trailers and rvs and camp right there and ride....any info would be great,thanks.....jon

R
Nov 3, 2010
It has been great here and snowing right now. Glacier house has new owners, way better, no worries there. Lots of places for an RV around, very close to riding areas. I would do a round trip, don't travel back same way. Either way, have a great trip.

R
Nov 3, 2010
Yes to all your questions. That is one thing that makes Revy so great, everything is 5 minutes from the base of two great mountains. Downtown Revy has everything you will need and if you are self contained you can stay in the parking lot. Boulder and Frisby are your best bet for all types of riding, including trees. Check the revelstoke snowmobile club website
Www.revelstokesnowmobileclub.com
Anything else let me know, also let me know when you are heading this way if I can help out I will.
Gary

M
Aug 27, 2013
nor cal
if it were me id go through ca some real good ridding in eastern bc the Canadians love sledding(2nd only to hockey) --way more snow parks each maintained better than the next most have nice warming huts and freeways to the goods way less greeny bs if you have never been to canada its so fun can't say that enough good things about our friends to the north---but if don't ride ski doo bring any parts you plan(haha) on breakin can be hard to find

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
Revy slediing trip.

Depending on how much time you have. There is alot of good sledding area's to check out in B.C. Even around Sicamous there's some good area's to check out. Owls head, blue lake, Quest, Eagle pass, Hunters range. Another area that should be on your to see list is the pemberton ice fields. There is a few different ways to get into the ice fields between Squamish and Pemberton, but that is another reason to come back to B.C.

Premium Features