• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mike Duffy's Avalanche Rescue Skills class coming to South Lake Tahoe

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
New advanced class. Please bring your avalanche gear to class. A successful rescue involves all members of your riding group. Hope to see you there.
picture.php

“Avalanche Rescue Skills” New classroom session with hands-on transceiver use, demonstrations, Powerpoint and video. This is the next step in classroom education. Emphasis is on avalanche transceivers and rescue techniques. Class will start with a quick review on avalanche accidents, how to prevent getting caught and reading avalanche forecasts. Will progress to more advanced avalanche rescue techniques. Students should bring their avalanche gear to class (transceiver, shovel, probe, pack). We will be learning transceiver and probing skills in class.

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
So who else will be joining me next Tuesday for the class? This might, but hopefully won't, be the last time to get Mike and his class all the way out here to California. A TON of work has gone into getting this to actually happen and with the current conditions on our mountains it couldn't be more important. If you haven't signed up lets make it happen ASAP. Tell all the riders that you ride with and know, it might be one of them that save you!!!!! We need a great turnout as I don't want to hear for the next couple of years "If I heard about that class I totally would have Gone".......
Look forward to seeing everyone:):)

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I am planning on being there. Sent Mike D. a text message and sent him a email to make sure my name was added to the list. Looking forward to it. I really like the information in his first DVD and really wanted to attend one of his classes Told all my friends about it not sure any will attend but we shall see it is a ways for me to travel but from Reno to south shore but its not too bad

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Still some spots open. Sorry about late responses to phone messages. Doing outside avalanche classes in Colorado.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Thanks for posting about this and we hope to see as many riders as possible. This is a class to help your fellow riders or having your fellow riders help you. Mike does an absolutely amazing job teaching and as a former attendee to his programs, his information only helped me become more informed. Hope to see the South Lake Tahoe program grow in attendance and a HUGE thank you to Sierra Mountain Sports for their support!!!!

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
Great class last night in Roseville. Mike still has room for tonights class in South Lake. I cannot stress how informative this class was. Very eyeopening. Go up and take this class and bring your riding buddies you will not be disappointed!!!!

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Great Class last night Thanks for making the effort and the trip this far West Mike D. Nice to sit in a class that is specifically geared toward snowmachines. I was hoping for a larger class to show local support for this type of thing. In the end there was a great group guys/girls who showed up. Mike kept it entertaining as well as very informative. The group had some great questions and comments throughout the event. Well worth the 1:30 minute drive from Reno

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Thank you to all that came last night to South Lake Tahoe! I wish I could have stayed longer to meet and greet more people, but I was running on fumes after a very challenging work related schedule. That being said, to see every rider there taking time out of their busy schedules to attend was amazing, and thank you for your time. Hopefully you found Mikes training beneficial and a positive learning experience. Look for future programs! Huge Thank you to Sierra Mountain Sports and the amazing team there to allow us to pull this program off! Thank You for your support

Last edited:
Premium Features