• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Michigan Virgin........

M
Jan 24, 2008
cannon falls mn
I have never been on michigan snow, hell ive never really ridden in snow deeper then my knees. I want to head up thier with 3 buddies this year and want to do it as early as possible before Christmas. When does the U.P. usually get their ridable snow and where im basically looking to boondock.

Also what will i need to ride licensing and stuff?

Judging buy previous year snow maps and elivation maps i wanna ride out of hancock and follow 26 north if thier is a trail and dip of when we find pow.

Oct 20, 2008
south range
houghton,keweenaw counties usually dont get enough snow to boondock untill mid january. you might try a little early depending on the snowfall we get but there are alot of stumps/rocks around and you would be taking a risk. make sure if u do go off trail its on state land. a plot book will have that info. check on the michigan dnr website for permit/licensing info.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Trails do not open until december 1st. So if you do not know where you are going I recommend you wait until january or february. There was some good ridable snow late november last year but if you don't know where to find it you will most likely run into problems. My advice is to wait.

H
Dec 16, 2007
Big Bay
any where in the huron mts is good rideing. like everyone else wait till jan or feb. very good conditions. i think as far as licesnsing all you need is a michigan trail sticker.

V

v8lover

Oct 14, 2008
cannon falls, minnesota
im going with mymaro and we're wondering were is a good hotel...etc to stay at. we've heard horror stories of peoples stuff getting stolen and slashed. we are planning on staying somewhere from Hancock on south along hwy 26

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
go check out johndee.com

anything and everything you will want for riding the UP.

I also say wait until Jan or Feb for fun snow.

Premium Features